Thread: 911 targa sun visors SWB

911 targa sun visors SWB

I`am looking for sun visors black
    for my softwindow targa
    in very good condition.
    new ones are n.l.a.

left is 901.731.301.40
    right is 901.731.302.40

In case you are unable to locate some, I hear Lakewell makes some nice ones: https://www.lakewell.com/shop/porsch...che-912-65-68/

Good luck with your search!

Thanks for your tip.
    The offered visors are for coupes and they are not in black ....

Regards

Moved to Wanted. Good luck with your search.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Rudi Read the Lakewell again. Says also for Targa and are black

the targa-visors are different to the coupe ones.
    and the picture at lakewell shows only coupe-visors !!

Correct - they only show the photos for the coupe, BUT the description states: Available in ivory (Coupe) and black (Soft Window Targa). Also note the button to select the Targa version.

I have been crapping around trying to restuff some old visors. Couple of articles on line. Results not good. Seaming problem. Bought a pair from Sierra Madre which appear to be reboxed Lakewells. Listed as SM's last pair. Suspect not enough demand. Only problem is the the texture of the material. Same as shown on Lakewell site but all black. Why don't you ask if you can return if not satisfied. I think they are only good for '67. In '68 the cutout area that goes around the mirror went from a ninety degree corner to maybe a one twenty corner in '68. Bob Joyce can clarify that. Check BAT sales. I saw these on one of the '67s sold on there. Hard to identify unless you catch one of the close up pictures of the interiors. Only other draw back is they are expensive.
    Last edited by doigthom; 05-28-2024 at 02:23 PM.

1967 below. Your picture 1968 and later. Lakewell/Sierra Madre is '67 version
    Attached Images Attached Images