Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Early Register Get-Togethers

Larry,
    you are thinking of Centerville IN.....not Centerville OH for the antiques.
    Guys, give me a week or two and I will try to get special rates at a hotel close to my place where parking will be safe and you will be convienient to the activities.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Quote Originally Posted by Cornpanzer
    Larry,
    you are thinking of Centerville IN.....not Centerville OH for the antiques.
    OOPS

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Awww - Judy's not coming?? Tell her we'll miss her.
    Dave, better make sure the rooms have that special late night cable then
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Jared:

She expressed an interest in joining us, till I mentioned that it was going to be 4 days with guys and cars doing nuttin' but talkin' about Porsches.

"Oh, you sure you really want me to come? OK, well maybe then I'll just wait here and you can tell me about it when you get back." Yah baby!!!!

How do you condense 4 days of P-talking P-viewing and P-driving into a 30 second conversation? "Hey, there were lots of cars there, and we drove a bit, it was fun. Saw Jared, Curt, Brian, Dave and the guys." "That's nice, honey, glad you had a good time."

See, I'm already practicing the return conversation.

Brian: Making my reservation for dinner on Thursday night. Let's plan on a Two Topless Targa ride together from NE Indy to Dayton. I've already blocked my time off.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Quote Originally Posted by larry47us

Brian: Making my reservation for dinner on Thursday night. Let's plan on a Two Topless Targa ride together from NE Indy to Dayton. I've already blocked my time off.

larry
    Larry,

Glad to hear you are going down for Vic on Thursday. I was hoping we could plot an intercept course for Jared and Curt as they drive down from MI. We could meet up with them in Northwest OH and then blast down to Dayton from there. Just a thought.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I'm all for that, just tell me when and where. Then we can make our Grand Entrance to Dayton.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Guys,
    Spoke with Eric McKenna last night and they have the route finalized for the drivers tour.
    This year it will be 102 miles and Eric tells me that you are going to have to work a lot harder on this one! (Did you get that aligment done Larry?)

I was thinking that on Friday after breakfast if there is interest I could take you guys out to the AIr Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB here in Dayton. Pretty remarkable place if you are into aerospace. Let me know.....
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Dave:

The alignment was scheduled for last week. But there are two eccentric bolts that allow the alignment of the rear. One for camber and one for Toe-in. When we broke loose the bolts, and prepared for the adjustment, we found that the bolt on the right hand side was a STANDARD BOLT, not an eccentric!!!! No wonder the camber was 2 degrees positive instead of .5 Degree negative!!! So we bolted it back together and I headed home.

He has a new bolt on the way to him, and we're set for Sunday to get it done right. BTW, also discovered that the motor mounts and tranny mount were loose. GEEZ that's scarey!!!!!

So, I WILL be ready to go, and I have made my reservation for Dinner on Thursday night with Vic.

OK, Brian, we still have time to set our "parade route" to Dayton. That is, if Dave ever suggests a Hotel (ahem!!) or we could always stay at his place, right Dave?

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Dave,

That sounds like a great idea for Friday. I have been to the AF museum several times but alway enjoy going back. There is some very cool aircraft there.

Larry,

Yep, we can figure out how to hook up with Curt and Jared and then head south to Dayton.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Larry,
    For someone who suggested staying in a upscale crack whore hotel, you sure are uptight about a hotel
    As soon as I get back from SoCal next week I will put it on my to do list.
    Dave
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439