Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Early Register Get-Togethers

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    <i>"I am questioning the sanity of completing a major project one day and then running the car to Dayton for 4 days of driving stuff and then back home."</i>

Welcome to the club. At least mine's only been in 4 weeks Luckily, I stopped down at the shop Friday afternoon and discovered a broken finger spring on the throwout fork! My mechanic hadn't seen it. We ordered a new one from Stoddard late Friday. So, we'll see if it all comes together. Maybe we can get a group buy on a tow truck for the trip back!
    Its going to take a huge amount of Makers to deal with the abuse you will get if you show up AGAIN without that car!! Get it goin!
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Geez - ya'd think these were a bunch of ITALIAN cars with so many mechanical issues. Guess I shouldn't talk since mine sat out the last gathering (DOH!).

Curt, no clutch? Hey, look at it as a chance to perfect your shifting skills! Wouldn't stop VIC now would it?

Larry, I'm riding on new front bearings as well - but I wimped out and had a pro do the job. You're turning into a regular P car guru! The Quality Inn chicks will be impressed!

Dave, does your parts car have a rear sway bar?? No luck locating one yet.
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Bring the cars guys, I have plenty of rusty barbed wire and a pair of pliers! I can fix anything!
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

This IS starting to sound like the Italian Sports Car Forum! To keep things in perspective, in the last 3 years I've driven to Watkins Glen and back, Daytona and back, Dayton and back and 1000's of other miles with not a single problem. Even when the clutch went out, I was able to drive it 20 miles to home!

BTW: my 'clutch problem' was simply the pivot stud for the throwout fork unscrewing itself! Just need to screw it back in, replace the finger spring and go.

The bad thing is not that the car broke but that the car broke LAST YEAR and its just now getting repaired! LOL

Extended forcast is looking pretty good for next week.
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

<i>"....but that the car broke LAST YEAR...."</i>

Ancient Chinese Proverb: good things come to those who wait.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    Ancient Chinese Proverb: good things come to those who wait.
    And wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait, and wait,

at this rate, I'll never get to see your car.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Latest News:

The Quality Inn said that they should have their high speed connection in place today or tomorrow, so I'll bring my camera and laptop. Maybe I'll post some pictures during the get-together. If they just have the dial-up, I'll pass on the 56K line.

Why is it that car problems seem to accelerate just before a big meeting?

Curt's car is not going to be ready (again) but there's still hope. Brian's car is not going to be ready, nor is the car he was going to borrow from Randy. Kermit has new injectors in him (compliments of an overly enthusiastic mechanic and a panicked owner.)

Joe (from Rockford) is going to head south on I-39 before he heads east, so we won't be convoying with him. I'm picking up Brian tomorrow morning, so we'll be a twosome when we arrive in Dayton. Should get there mid afternoon. Need time to shine Kermit up before dinner.

Brian: Howzabout we plan on getting to Dayton about 4:00 PM, plus a bit of time to grab a sandwich for lunch? With a 5 1/2 hour drive, and an hour change in time, that means I leave my place at 9:30 and pick you up about 11:00, if you guys are still on the same time as Chicago.

Does that work?

That's the news from Lake Woebegone.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Larry,

That sounds good to me. That will give me time for in the AM for a lengthy and intense bike ride. That should boost the endorphin levels sufficiently to keep me mellow for the next time I see my mechanic.

Hey do you think we could get a bike rack on Kermitt? At least I would have something to 'drive' while in Dayton. Maybe I could work it out to start the Sunday AM drive with a little head start before you guys on the 100 mile trip.

I'll send you directions to our place. Thanks again.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I've got an old bike rack up in the attic. The kind with the suction cups for the roof and the case-hardened metal rain gutter brackets. You're welcome to use it Larry .....