Greetings from Ontario, Canada... this is my first post and already I have my hand out, please forgive me.

I have been a Porsche guy for 33 years since purchasing my first 79SC back in 1981 and the rest as they say is history.

8 years ago in anticipation of retirement I decided I wanted to spend my time sharing the passion of Porsche's so I became a licensed dealer here in Ontario. I have been a long time PCA member and have made many friends along the way.

I began my small hobby business offering air-cooled cars, mostly 84-89 Carrera's and 95-98 993's. I have an fairly good understanding of these cars, however, not so good with the earlier cars.

A while ago I received a call from a fellow who owns a 1966 911 coupe, he indicated a desire to sell and asked me if I would be interested, of course I said yes. we met and I looked but the timing wasn't right. Fast forward five years later I decided to try and make contact with him to see if he still had the car and if he was interested in selling.

I was able to reach him and he still owns the car and he indicated that if I was interested we could meet and discuss it. I arranged to meet with him today and had another look and here is where I need help.

I will provide some details and a few photos along with a few questions for your guidance.

The car is a 1966 based on my research of the VIN (303565). This fellow has owned the car for 30 years since 1984. It is not the original color (6607 510 Sand Beige) it is currently either black or very dark grey? It is a very decent driver quality car.

The rear engine lid script on the car indicates 911S, the data plate indicates 911 (sgwiggly line) S 66? The engine number is 903656, couldn't see the transmission number but the fellow indicates it's all matching numbers?

The odometer indicates 13936 (appears to be 113936 miles based on condition).

Recent clutch and transmission rebuild 13,000 miles ago. no cracks in the dash, wood dash plate has no cracks, it has leather interior and is a 5 speed car.

Drivers side mirror looks wrong? someone appears to have changed the fenders to flared. Has Weber 40's, he says he has the original fuel pump (mechanical)?

Original wheels have been replaced although he claims he has one of the originals?

Non sunroof car with original headliner in very nice condition as are the sun visors and all trim. Original glass except the windshield. Gauges work as does the clock.

He indicates he replaced the floors and rockers some time ago.

Please have a look at some of the photos, I have included a link for your review and comment...

http://autosportcanada.com/1966-911s/

I'm trying to determine if it is an "S" model?
How much of the originality that is visible from the photos has been changed?
What is the value of the car as a driver in the current condition?
What would be the approximate cost to do a nice (not concours) restoration and would it make sense when considering the value when completed?
What would the value be if nicely restored?

Let me know what other details I may be able to provide in exchange for reliable information? I would like to purchase this car but admit I do not know the value.

Any help will be very appreciated,
Regards,
Mike