Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SWB ballast resistor bypass relay, cover ink stamped or not

SWB ballast resistor bypass relay, cover ink stamped or not

Finishing up my relays. Covers have been painted and ink stamped as original. The one relay which I am still unsure about is the black ballast resistor bypass relay on the engine relay panel. Mine did not have any ink stamp on the black metal cover. I have seen some cars out there with a stamp and others without. Wondering what the consensus out there is.

TIA,
    JK

Let me answer my own question, relay is the same as used in other places of the car 90161510200. Think on the earlier cars it would have been stamped

W592A
    S30/51
    12 Volt

With Wehrle tree on top. Will go ahead and do that

I am cleaning up the relay panel and came across this older thread.

Name:  87F72C7A-0B6C-4A63-B0A3-18FA52D0BEDD.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  105.5 KB

Can you post a picture of your result?

Also - question to all - what is the best way to clean up weathered 50 year old metal? Scotchbrite and ?

Thanks,

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

I just did one too. No stamp on the relay.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

May/June '65 car.

Name:  D4616A02-DC3F-4404-879C-B1A3C57F12AC.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  68.0 KB

Richard, sorry do not have a better picture handy but can take one if required. This was taken while assembling several components. And yes, those Stoddard defroster tubes are shit but I have not been able to come up with something that looks more authentic.

Name:  IMG_20210206_153949.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  63.4 KB

Just to follow up on the picture taken by Jim. What was the factory practice with regard to radio noise suppression condensors? These were standard practice on the 356s when the factory installed a radio. The same does not seem to hold true for the 911s. Anybody out there have a take on this?

Joris no rush, but I would appreciate to see a better shot of it.

Btw I don’t have a problem w some one using those Stoddard tubes or other repro or hot rod add ons. I do my own thing as well, regardless of how it should or could be.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Richard, I also have no problem with people doing what they want to do. Its their car. I do have a problem with vendors advertising parts as concours correct at premium price points and by far not delivering on their promise. Wish Eric would have done these, they would have been right

Who does the ink stamp?