Thread: Price inquiry: Plate frame

Price inquiry: Plate frame

So, wondering what this one was worth? I traded it long ago for some parts.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That looks like the real deal, at least from the front.

Please send us a photo of the back of it.

If genuine, a motivated buyer might pay 5 c-notes or more for it.

Alan
    N.J.
    Alan
    N.J.

1964 E-Type roadster
    1969 911S
    1988 328GTB
    2002 Maranello

No need to see the reverse. It's real. I think $500 hundred is probably optimistic based on the condition but it's still a desirable, early frame. $300+ would be my guess.

Moot discussion. Beaker stated he traded it long ago for some parts.

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    Moot discussion. Beaker stated he traded it long ago for some parts.
    Not moot at all. Just because it isn't for sale doesn't mean the value isn't of interest to many of us (including the person who traded it away who asked about its value).

Thanks John -- Yes, frame is gone -- I was just curious about current values.

I tried to buy one in VERY similar condition last week and offered $500 and he wouldn't sell it. I think that had to do more with the fact that he doesn't know what they're worth and he likes to get very top dollar for his stuff.
    Porsche taste on a Volkswagen budget...

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    I tried to buy one in VERY similar condition last week and offered $500 and he wouldn't sell it. I think that had to do more with the fact that he doesn't know what they're worth and he likes to get very top dollar for his stuff.
    They're around. You're specific looking for linen corners? Hermosa Beach? Color? Condition? Shoot me a PM and I'll keep my eyes open.

Manhattan? --- or Hermosa? . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jos.hall View Post
    . . . tried to buy one in VERY similar condition last week and offered $500 and he wouldn't sell it . . .
    Some comps . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ighlight=polak
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ht=polak+frame

We Can Be Heroes