Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Bumper S Trim

Front Bumper S Trim

Looking for suggestions on where to get this trim piece (both aluminum trim and rubber insert). Please share any experiences . . . as it would be helpful to know which ones fit vs. don't fit. My supply of tools is limited so bending/forming something to make it fit is not an option for me.
    Thanks.
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

Unfortunately, I don't know that there's a good option out there for you for new parts if you're looking for plug and play. The general consensus seems to be that the aftermarket S-trim requires significant time amd effort to get it to fit well (assuming you can get it to fit well at all). Seems that many are refinishing original parts for the best results. I'm sure others will chime in as well.

Agree with John, original fits, repros don't. Rears seem to be worse than fronts, but the repro stuff is noticeable a mile away so I don't suggest mixing. I think ALL the repro comes from one source.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I bought a s trim at Febö October 2016 and it was pug and play. No issues.

[QUOTE=edmayo;960796]Agree with John, original fits, repros don't. Rears seem to be worse than fronts, but the repro stuff is noticeable a mile away so I don't suggest mixing. I think ALL the repro comes from one source.[/QUOTE
    Last edited by kaufmanp; 01-22-2018 at 01:55 PM.

quote; I think ALL the repro comes from one source.

and who would that source be?

Tasker Industries......
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

I recently bought repros for my 69 E resto, and although they did take some adjustment I found that both the front and rear fit and looked fine. Even new Porsche parts require adjustments, such is the nature of our hand built cars.
    1969 911 E #824

Quote Originally Posted by xpensivewino View Post
    I recently bought repros for my 69 E resto, and although they did take some adjustment I found that both the front and rear fit and looked fine. Even new Porsche parts require adjustments, such is the nature of our hand built cars.
    Hi Steve. Thanks for your feedback. I've been working on getting the original bumpers back on the car for months now. And I just started to research the availability and quality of these trim pieces. Seems like there are lots of repo's available from a bunch of different vendors. I'm okay with making adjustments that require a little heat and basic hand tools but anything beyond that is out of my skill set. Can you describe the adjustments you had to make to get them to fit on your bumpers?
    Tom Ching
    69E Burgundy

Anyone know how to distinguish a repro front bumper complete deco ( aprox. 18 yrs. old or more) from an original? Particularly how they differ in packaging and any other differences. Thanks ........cliff
    Last edited by Cliff; 01-23-2018 at 02:34 PM.