Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1982 Stuttgart Werk1 Sonderwunsch Turbo 3.3 ( one of first ever build)

1982 Stuttgart Werk1 Sonderwunsch Turbo 3.3 ( one of first ever build)

Dear Porsche friends,

Just want to make you aware that the Porsche Sonderwunsch Turbo 3.3 ( photo in the 911x911 Porsche museum book) still exists and is resting in Netherlands for many years still in perfect condition.
    We bought this unique Car ( German will say Unikat) some years ago.
    It is a time capsule to the 80s and far over the top for today but this makes him also desirable.
    When I bought the car I was not aware of the fact that a picture of this one of one car was printed in the 911 Performance handbook before someone asked me if this was my car.
    I started a thread on the Pelican Forum and this delivered many very positive reactions .

You can find this when you google "Sonderwunsch Pearl Unikat"

As many of you probably know it is very hard to clarify that a specific car is a factory build Sonderwunsc because there was no option code for Sonderwunsch till 1987.
    In 1981 1 Sonderwunsch car was build and 1982 38 Sonderwunsch build.

For this car there is no discussion because of this very unique build a picture is printed in the Museum book 911x911 and of course I have all documentation from that time 1981 with the car also factory communication regarding the special build. The price in 1981 was 98.000DM for a standard Turbo the customer who ordered this car also ordered at the Factory a slant nose body modification but without " slant nose" the common Turbo wings he liked more . But the very special serie 1 slant nose bumper had to stay in the modification with all lamps included. Furthermore he ordered a lot of special wishes to add to his car and the bill of all these modifications was another 30.000 DM.

He had the age of 26 years and desired a very special Unique car in Performance and looks ( he called it his Baby because he had to wait for almost 9 month for delivery), now he succeeds in that because the car was also added Performance ( Leistungssteigerung) bij Porsche for example the boost had an upgrade from 0.65 bar to 1.15 Bar.

He owned the car till 1997 and sold it with 22.000 Km to a German dealer who sold the car to Netherlands.
    The Dutch owner sold the car in 2013 with 320507 Km .
    Now the car has almost 35000 Km on the odo.

I visited several exhibitions with the car and at a Porsche dealership intro of the Turbo S last year it was exposed .
    Porsche AG representative of the now " Exclusive Manufactur " ( new name for the old Sonderwunsch program) was very surprised that this very unique car stil exist in this unrestored , undamaged condition with such a low milage over the years.

I am in contact with the first German owner by E mail .

Thanks for reading,

John

Just for once i am happy they only built one. That is one ugly car.

~J~
    air cooled only

even if it was a nice car it would not belong here(general info)...here is for the longhoods

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    Just for once i am happy they only built one. That is one ugly car.
    And I completely disagree! I really like it, even if it belongs on another page. Can you bring it to Essen? or Stuttgart Classic show?

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    even if it was a nice car it would not belong here...here is for the longhoods
    Perfectly acceptable in Other Porsche Passions...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Perfectly acceptable in Other Porsche Passions...
    "Other" covers all others. I may put my 914 on here.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

really unique car, thanks for sharing pics and a little history with us. It is interesting to see how some alterations to an original car age well and others do not....and how over time that changes. I read above that someone thought the alterations on this car were not to his liking. I would say I am in that camp, but that is probably a function of my age. I wonder what a younger persons opinion of these alteration would be...someone who did not live through the 80's and what will young people think of these alteration in another 25 or so years.

What is old is new again...

Cant see coke on the seats if they're white.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111