Name:  s-l16001.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  125.7 KB

What year?

69-71 but it is a Repro

Quote Originally Posted by dirk07 View Post
    69-71 but it is a Repro
    Are they different from Original?

Is the left end of the basketwave cut straight or folded like the right.

For the cutouts and the structure one may only guess from your picture if they are right or not

Quote Originally Posted by dirk07 View Post
    Is the left end of the basketwave cut straight or folded like the right.

For the cutouts and the structure one may only guess from your picture if they are right or not
    Name:  s-l16002.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  115.8 KBName:  s-l16003.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  131.5 KB

Looks right to me, here is an original smooth vinyl one I just sold. With the larger circular holes it should take the chrome trim piece with the recessed center bar that installs from the front.

Name:  72RadioPlate.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  125.7 KBName:  RecessedTrim.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  105.3 KB
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

I agee with Dirk, originals had edges cut straight. And with time, (at least) Basketweave shrunk, exposing a little bit the metal it was glued on. As on my car.

This above looks Repro and edges are folded/glued, which imo never was done so in period.
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    I agee with Dirk, originals had edges cut straight. And with time, (at least) Basketweave shrunk, exposing a little bit the metal it was glued on. As on my car.

This above looks Repro and edges are folded/glued, which imo never was done so in period.
    Right side of the faceplate was folded over here is the back of an original faceplate pictured above. Same thing on my '71 Targa basket weave.

Name:  RadioPlate.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  94.4 KB

Here are examples of factory installed radios and you can see that the right side of the faceplate has the material folded over. If your material doesn't fold over the right side it was probably dealer installed or material was changed out.

Name:  radio1.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  64.3 KBName:  radio2.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  100.7 KB
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!