Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahhhhrrrg!!!

Yes, that is my interim plan Bob. I was hoping to remove some weight off the rear, hence the fg bumper...With the weights out of the front bumper, I wanted to keep the balance the same. There was a weight savings af about 20 lbs in the rear with the fg v. 70 lbs. saving in the front when I removed the weights and trim. That along with the peter Z seats, my car is on a bit of a diet .

Cheers,
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

Michael, that's gorgeous! I like your attitude throughout this. I have to admit, I don't know that if the problem had been mine, I could have kept my cool as well as you have. Love the maroon...and it looks like you found the right people to do the work!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

may have been mentioned before but what about an alum rear lic plate panel? repops are $65. as much as i wanted to run a 1 piece rear bumper i did not want to deal with fit. plus my car has 69-73 flares on all 4 corners. in the end i decided to run the steel bumpers, alum lic panel, and painted bumper guards.stole the idea from john thornton's 912R which was built by emory. anything emory, to me, is golden.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Just in case you didn't notice, I think an intruder snuck into your garage! Better call the police!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

crash

hello, maybe i am able too help, i live in eu so i am always in contact with the factory and several of the guys who own and service the classics 911, if you send me some pics of the front lenses i might be able to locate them for you.

paint

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa
    Just in case you didn't notice, I think an intruder snuck into your garage! Better call the police!
    who is doing the paint job, it looks great.

No kidding; if my memory serves me correctly, you are in WA state. I will one day be in need of this person's services and as long as they are in PNW, I'd drive a good poke for results like this. I love my car, but the unoriginal red will one day goad me into stripping it off in favor of the original green.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Nice!

Nice Sport Muffler too. Who dunnit?

Hurry up and finish it. If it looks this good under flourescent, just imagine what it will look like in natural light.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Guys name is Stan Leinan at Visions Auto Restorations. His shop is just south and east of Spokane just over the ID boarder. Basically between Coeur d Alene and Spokane. He can be reached on his cell at (208) 755 2662.

The intruder is my 5 year old Madeleine...you know..."helping" work on the Por-sh-aaa!

Thanks for all the comments and moral support thru this everybody. This was not the way I wanted to spend my Spring! I can't wait until tomorrow to take her home again. I just hope all the dust in the shop did not clog up the carbs too much...then I will be following Mr Tiltons thread on clogged jets in my Ve burs.

Next photos and update hopefully from our local PCA drive and BBQ this weekend.

Cheers,
    Michael

Tom,

As for the muffler...I just did it from a spare muffler from a 74 Carrera. Used 2-1/4" stainless at about 12" long. Basically followed the directions from an old Pano Oct 74. I thought it looked pretty nice myself there
    Michael