Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Specific differences between Euro and Italian LWB turn signal housings?

My Italian 73 owners manual shows two. My car has two; TS bulb and city light
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    My Italian 73 owners manual shows two. My car has two; TS bulb and city light
    Thanks, Steve. That's what I thought.

There is one housing for US/ROW/IT.
    The early housings had the numbers casted on the back housing the later had them on a sticker on the back on the housing.

US:Sidemarker bulb with more transparent reflector on the outside and ts (dual bulb possible?) in the middle
    ROW: denser reflector on the unused sidemarker position, no side marker bulb, ts in the middle, city lights on the inside with mirror to concentrate on the small white area of the lense, only on on first stage of the headlight switch.
    IT: denser reflector on the unsused sidemarker position, no side marker bulb, ts in the middle, city lights on the inside and parallel wired to the headlights (allways on)

BTW: John Audette shows the correct one year only 1973 H4 and a nice ROW turn signal housing.;-)
    Last edited by dirk07; 05-31-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk07 View Post
    ROW: denser reflector on the unused sidemarker position, no side marker bulb, ts in the middle, city lights on the inside with mirror to concentrate on the small white area of the lense, only on on first stage of the headlight switch.
    IT: denser reflector on the unsused sidemarker position, no side marker bulb, ts in the middle, city lights on the inside and parallel wired to the headlights (allways on)
    So, how do you identify the Italian parallel wiring? Do you have any pictures?

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    My units are the same as Steve and JP's unit so no extra reflector on the city light. I never took pictures of the wiring of my Italian unit. Wire loom has three wires to the H1/H4 light bulb (white/yellow/brown = ground) and I guess the low beam is then split and connected to the city light?
    Just checked two spare ROW units and the city light connects directly to pin 2 of the round connector to the body. I do not know when or how the city lights on the non-Italian/ROW units are switched on though...

Cees
    Last edited by fourteenten; 06-01-2021 at 07:36 AM.

Look at the last picture in this link:
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...l-housing.html

It's an Euro and no reflector...

Not a correct euro though originals had 3 bulbs and the reflector that has been talked about

No one is making correct euro bodies currently
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    According PET (I checked 72/73) the wire looms left (911.612.024.00) and right (901.612.047.00) to the headlight/indicator housing are the same for all cars. I could only find 914.612.125.10, Light signal cable SWITZERLAND and ITALY only. No number so not shown in the diagram but may be this cable is somewhere connected between headlight switch and ? to have the city light and head lights on at the same time. Weird thing that is was not used for the 911T. Also no right side steering but that makes sense. Someone with an Italian delivered T could check this.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    Not a correct euro though originals had 3 bulbs and the reflector that has been talked about

No one is making correct euro bodies currently
    The small reflector for the running light?? That was '73 only. Prior to that, no small reflector on the Euro. My unit is pre '73 (using the grey seals and silver trimmed lense instead of the black). So, what is the third bulb being talked about? The bulb behind the rearward snap in reflector?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I think so
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower