Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Webasto Heater Use

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Grew up surfing in Santa Cruz and still wouldn't want that heavy gas bomb in my car. Unless you live in Austria or the North Pole why? You're in South Florida, right?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Steamer lane! love it. I lived right up from there on Hebard st. off of Almar. Great times. 4 mile was my favorite surf spot.
    72S, 72T now ST

great picture of the lane.... my grand mother lived on floral @ 38 th .... so i lived with her and went to collage @ Cabrillo... so i walked to the hook sometimes surfed it twice a day. i liked Stockton ave and Michel's cove before they destroyed it..

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    Just what the title says... Porsche's manifold heater is exceptional for an air-cooled car, yet most early 911s are equipped with an auxiliary gas heater. What's your usage?
    Were most early 911s equipped with this auxiliary heater? I don’t know the proportion but I’d be surprised If that were the case. I wouldn’t have one out of choice nor did I feel the need for auxiliary when my car was for many years my everyday driver. No ugly air conditioner either because of a quite moderate temps range — changeable but without extremes. Normal heater preferably with electric sunroof and side vent windows works well in UK’s changeable but temperate climate. Suspect as others imply it varies by country and region
    Last edited by 911MRP; 06-12-2020 at 04:47 AM.

My car has one of these heaters in it. I never thought is was a good idea to heat the car by burning gas in it. I'll leave mine off, thank you,
    Bob

67 911S
    59 356A

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    great picture of the lane.... my grand mother lived on floral @ 38 th .... so i lived with her and went to collage @ Cabrillo... so i walked to the hook sometimes surfed it twice a day. i liked Stockton ave and Michel's cove before they destroyed it..
    The Hook was great back in the day going down the cliff with a rope in one hand and your board in the other. Such a fun wave. Then they has to ruin it and build the stairs. It was sad the last time I was in Santa Cruz last year with all the homeless drugged out idiots! Was teaching my daughter to surf at Cal's and had an old beat up foam board stolen by a crack head. Turned my head for 5 minutes teaching her and it was gone. Nothing's as good as it used to be.
    72S, 72T now ST

Maybe we should start a forum section dedicated to early 911 owners who also surf. Sadly I have to content myself with the sloppy waves in Holland.

Name:  5DA1C21A-3FF3-4FE1-95E8-D64679DBBD23.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  93.8 KB

Photo: surfed.nl
    Last edited by frederik; 06-13-2020 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Photo credit
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

did you make that section?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    most early 911s are equipped with an auxiliary gas heater.
    Most 911 through 1967 model year were equipped with Wesbasto, so possibly standard equipment.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

My Italian delivery 67S has the Webasto restored and functional...but its disconnected from the gas supply.