Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate 69S factory Sports purpose thread

Going too toss in some of my thoughts on the topic of Alu 901 transmissions factory optioned with LSD... Ive personal never seen and nobody I know of with knowledge that I've asked has seen or heard of any 901 Alu transmission factory equipped with a LSD that didn't come with a 904 mainshaft . It almost seemed to be standard issue if you ordered a slip. On top of that I know of a half dozen aluminum gearbox LSD cars that were Kardex listed with a standard production code transmission "yet" the actual TYPE stamp on the case was of the SW (special order) type. Latest Classic example I've come across is Jeff Smith uncles S ,, Kardex says its stock code yet its a 901/53 with the Kardex matching std. serial production number, a nadella LSD with 904 main.
    My 69' M-liste chassis 0865 came with the second last built alu case almost five months after production ceased and the kardex serial number is listed as a standard 901/07 yet its not. I never gave it much thought since the last time I conversed with Hugh over a year ago and I started noticing a pattern.
    Regards,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Robert, we need to talk about this. Our Sports Purpose group is intensely studying these things; special engines, special transmissions and sports options.
    The Kardex cannot be relied on in every circumstance. It is the errors that I find very interesting. The more real information from owners the better we can understand these things.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

911R Weight

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    . . . the 911R which is misleadingly quoted with no fluids or tools etc. (and none of which actually weighed the 810kg that is often quoted) . . .
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...=1#post1039441
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...=1#post1039401

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Bantam mentioned the Z stamp but I dont believe it stands for ZF. The LSD boxes were marked with various single letter stamps and I think it’s Possibly the Letter initial of the assembler or a final Inspector initial proof. I see no other relation.
    In regards to the light weight tubular nadellas. Not sure if you have been documenting those. I have them as well on the shelf.
    I would swear they are a factory part but i also heard they were produced by someone who was in the west coast racing circle back in the 70’s and 80’s and were an upgrade replacement. What are your findings?
    Regards.

The Z or Any other stamp above the date code has no relation that a box has an LSD. I checked my NOS Case thatÂ’s never been used or assembled and it has a Z hand stamp.
    Only indicator IÂ’ve seen to date of a box having a factory slip was the tag pinched along side the diff covers.

Quote Originally Posted by glaverbel911 View Post
    In regards to the light weight tubular nadellas. Not sure if you have been documenting those. I have them as well on the shelf.
    I would swear they are a factory part but i also heard they were produced by someone who was in the west coast racing circle back in the 70’s and 80’s and were an upgrade replacement. What are your findings?
    Regards.
    They are factory. I have a NOS set still in the factory boxes with the part number tag.

And the Nadellas

718RSK, Are they straight tubed or tubular extenders as in the photo I just posted?

They are straight tubed

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    They are straight tubed
    Thank you.
    Then you must also have the number cast in as well.