Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare Early Options

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    . . . They contained the Calgon front bra and are not OEM. Calgon manufactured it for 356 and later also for 911 models.
    Their design varied troughout the years, always with a Porsche Crest. Earlier had the crest imbedded, later had it a white Print. I own four of them, from various years . . .
    Do you mean Colgan?

I remember this outfit --- one of the originators of the car bra . . . + still in business
    http://www.carcoverusa.com/Colgan-Ca...FYhafgod_7gANw

Good stuff, Karim

We Can Be Heroes

sorry, yes Colgan. Those are Colgan bags.
    Loaded with the bra, they bulge. But once bought new and folded, it fits perfect.

There was a previous discussion about these bags and me too thought they are meant for the oval shaped "Tourist delivery" German Export plates. But its definitely not OEM, its Colgan. Its a nice item and I use them as travel bags for small stuff.
    Last edited by 911T1971; 06-28-2014 at 11:51 PM.
    Registry member No.773

OK, being a contrarian, let's go for the car with the fewest options! The COA for my '65 912, delivered in August '65 at the factory, lists "tinted windshield, 2 seatbelts, Dunlop 165/15 tires", with a "black leatherette" interior (which incidentally is still serviceable). The car had no radio or antenna but had rubber floor mats and a five-speed transmission. More interestingly, it had black leather luggage straps but no factory luggage. I bought the car from the original owner in February 1968 as above, so its history is very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Barrett View Post
    . . . OK, being a contrarian . . . The car had no radio or antenna but had rubber floor mats and a five-speed transmission . . .
    Love to see pics of your floor mats

Did any 911s ever come w/ these? I thought RSH/RSLs came that way . . .

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    I dont think this was a regular option for standard cars. It was never advertised/shown in period accessories catalogues.
    They however had a OEM parts number and have been related to Sports Purpose/Rally Equipment.
    Registry member No.773

If a car had the Porsche sisal mats, would they typically show up on a COA?

Quote Originally Posted by beaker View Post
    If a car had the Porsche sisal mats, would they typically show up on a COA?
    Yes, my '65's build sheet which I have a copy of lists "Kokosmatten schwarz wenn lieferbar" - black coco mats 'if available'. I am not sure if this detail gets transferred either as a matter of course (or in translation) to the Kardex and thus the COA, however.
    '65 901 SA '119' - 1st RHD Customer Delivered 911 Worldwide; 5710 Stone Grey/Green Leatherette 3 owners from new.

'75 (Nov) 924 Group 4 Rallye. 9th o/all, 1st in class ‘79 Repco Round Australia Rally Barth/Kussmaul; 1st RHD chassis, 1st front engined Porsche to win an FIA event

‘78 928 Manual - early RHD Opalmetallic (gold) + Pasha

'98 986

‘99 996 GT3 CS M003 ex Peter Fitzgerald. Falken livery. 2nd 2000, 3rd in 2001 Aus Nations Cup Championsip. Last of the road registered racers

Rear Seat Bolsters

Not-so-much an option as a one-year-only/very-weird piece of equipment . . .

. . . the '71-only rear seat bolsters --- more, here . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...48-Vas-Ist-Das

Seen these gizmos exactly twice --- + both here, on The Registry. The only other set that I've seen/read/heard about are on Brian Fryar (fryardds) 's 'Patrick' (9111300499)

Anybody else have a set o' these?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

We Can Be Heroes

'Saddle' Headrest

'Nother weird accessory

Got this from Gerrit @NML-Depot, c/o Uli (uai), 3 years ago --- see post #320 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ty-nine/page32

Fits the Scheel seat in my car --- also from Gerrit . . . but not sure if this a Scheel bit, per se --- or if it would fit any other non-headrest seat

Been re-covered --- and I doubt that this was a Porsche/Scheel-exklusive bit, but . . .

. . . never seen another

We Can Be Heroes

Titanium Con Rods . . .

. . . . M 417

Anyone ever seen/heard of such an option? . . . or such a car?

$671 in '72, apparently. More, here . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ng-Rod-Set-(6)
    Last edited by LongRanger; 03-03-2015 at 09:57 AM.

We Can Be Heroes