Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANT TO BORROW: Harness bar for 911 coupe

WANT TO BORROW: Harness bar for 911 coupe

I need to mount a camera for a driving video, and it seems to me the harness bar solution is ideal.

Would need for 2-3 days max. Local SoCal, ideally, for pickup & delivery..

To clarify, here are some example pics of what I need.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

If you can't locate one, I was able to get a similar angle with a GoPro suction mounting hanging down from the top of the rear window.

Thanks. I'm shooting with an SLR, but I guess the principle's the same. Just felt something closer to the driver's ear would be a better POV...
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

I did the POV cinematography once in my Saab years ago for an ice race on a frozen lake. Mounted my SLR on one of those short unipods and put that into one of the holes for the headrests. It is as close to a driver’s eye view as you can get. You can jury rig any number of things using the two headrest holes if you want to offset the camera towards the centre line of the car. Or use the holes in both seats and put a bar across.

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Headrest holes would make it easy. Unfortunately ’86 Carreras don’t have ‘em.

I tried rigging up a tripod & strapping to the b-pillar belt mounts. No bueno.
    techweenie.com

How about a pick-up truck ratchet style cargo bar. End feet rotate, use some padding, could perhaps snug it with no damage to interior on "B" pillar area. Careful that it didn't come loose bang around or hit head.

https://www.harborfreight.com/ratche...bar-96811.html

I like that idea. I'd put it against the glass. I'll check it out!
    techweenie.com

I’ve got a weltmeister harness bar that I have never used. Can ship it to you next week. I’m currently in Santa Barbara and will be back home this weekend. PM me if that works for you.

Regards

Jim

FYI, my bar is for 72 and later. Too long for 69 to 71.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Breazeale View Post
    FYI, my bar is for 72 and later. Too long for 69 to 71.

Jim
    Thank you, Jim! I will be doing videos with earlier cars as well, so will pursue the cargo bar idea instead. Enjoy Santa Barbara!
    techweenie.com