Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Sound Pad (~1970 and up)

Here's a close up of an original 71/72 pad. Black horse hair is on the back side.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72S, 72T now ST

Here's a close up pic of an original late 73 pad. There was a change at some point in 73 I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72S, 72T now ST

If you do another run and I can get you to not cut out the hole for the shock on the right side I'd buy a few. Thanks, -Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by 911_2.2T View Post
    I have only one left out of this batch........ well..... that is the one I wanted to put in my Targa, but it is not finished for another couple months, So I can take one from the next batch in a couple months time.
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Here's a close up of an original 71/72 pad. Black horse hair is on the back side.
    That's not what was used in January of 72. The horsehair backing would have been prior to that I believe.

I ordered one for my 70s and my buddy was so happy with mine I picked one up for him as well!

Yea probably, my 72S was built in 7/71. Very early. I've done more research on this subject then I'd care to admit. I've been taking pics of the original untouched cars I get to reference stuff like this. I have pics of an original T built 5/71 and it's the same as the 71/72 pic I attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearby View Post
    That's not what was used in January of 72. The horsehair backing would have been prior to that I believe.
    72S, 72T now ST

Which pad works for a early '73 built in 10/72?
    Am I better off with Appbiz Pad or the pad referenced in this thread?
    I know neither is 100% accurate just trying to get as close as I can.
    Help appreciated as always....

Porsche now sells the pad with smooth backing for 72/73
    ESR # 2300

Alex, any left? If so I will take one. Please let me know.

TWJ,
    '66 911 - Light Ivory | Early '66 with Solex Carbs
    '72 911T - Aubergine originally | now Bahia Red | "S" options | 2.2S P&C's

Add me to the list if another backs out or whenever you make another batch
    Olin - Member #1375
    ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░
    1972 911T

Original
    -117 Light Yellow -15x6 Fuchs (9120/M400) -S Appearance (M470) -5 Speed Transmission (9590)

Options added
    -Houndstooth Sport Seats (M409) -Rear sway bar (9228)
    -H4's -BTB Fog Lts (M429) -Amber TTG Driving Lts (9420/M432)
    -380mm Steering Wheel -Becker Mexico -Roof Mounted Luggage/Ski Rack (9503)
    -A/C (M559) -Rear Fog Lt (M571) -Rear Wiper (9290) -Wheel Trim (M426) -Footrest (9563)