Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1971 911S Sunroof Coupe

Yep. I like to think that this is not the slam-fest that another site has shown itself to be from time to time.

But, if someone appears not to be forthright, it shows. It's a pretty savvy bunch here. A spade is a spade and a jewel is a jewel on it's own merits. A nice '71S sunroof coupe can be worth a lot o' dough to any number of buyers. Where are the goods.

Brian, did you get photos?

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Hi Jens,

No, I haven't received any photos of this car.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Sorry guys, no photos. There's not a buyer among you

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    Good idea. Let a jury of your peers determine its quality - or lack thereof!?
    Better yet, give Frank Gallogly a call, ask him about the piece of crap 67 911S I sold him in May of 03. vin 306682 S. Maybe he'll tell you what kind of crap a "troll" sells. A "peer" group would be people of a "like nature or interests". I haven't been able to glean one redeemable quality in one response in any one sentence to say I would want to be in the same planetary "peer" group of anyone who has opined on the car I'm selling. One call I received asked if this 911S had Webers or the original MFI setup. I said yes it had the MFI setup. He said, well, I doubt it. Thats why your "peer" group needs help. Professional help. Dr. Phil type, Depak Chopra type. Talk it out. Release your burdens. I"m done.

Quote Originally Posted by dhelleck
    I"m done.
    Hope springs eternal...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

blue '67s

that was the blue car that Bill Noon sold back in the end of june or beginning of july.........IT WAS TRULY A LOVLY CAR,I had no problems with Dave.........I was treated very fairlymaybe everybody is over reacting.............why not start over again

Thanks Frank, that's what I've been waiting to hear; that Dave is likely one of the good guys.

Still no pics, but I'd like to be able to recommend the car.

RGruppe #183

Frank, I spoke to Dave just now and I think you're right, he's a straight-forward guy. This has been an over-reaction.

I'm more than a little embarrassed that this thread got so friggin' nasty. Not since tabs.

RGruppe #183

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    I'll be the first to apologize for dipping my nose in the trough - we all seem to be a little thin skinned at times. (Thanks again tabs)

Good luck with the sale, wish I could be a buyer if it is as advertised.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

I guess most people do not realize that a board like this one serves it pourpose, to save inocent souls from being suck in, and on the other hand, most people would love to be a swap meet ..... with what is it, PWD72S 2450 + posts, with a good knowledge of what you are talking about, wow! so before some one with about 6 or what is it 7 posts, no pics for EVERYONE TO SEE starts name calling, i guess this BOARD NOT FOR YOU.

Maybe I owe an apology, maybe not...this whole thing started out wrong, a perfect example of how NOT to sell a car. Then to read two people with very few posts backing each other up in an attempt to justify price? Yep, I smelled a hustle. Maybe I've spent too much time in pool halls. Maybe not. Valuable life lessons can be learned in one. (edit) I'm outahere...a new rust hole just appeared in my 924. Gotta slap some bondo in it, cover it up with some spray paint before I place the car on ebay. Must sell before the payment comes due....
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)