Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1973 Porsche 911 T Paid for but not received from an EarlySReg Member.

1973 Porsche 911 T Paid for but not received from an EarlySReg Member.

Hi Guys
    Just looking for a little guidance here before deciding my next move. Apologies if this is not the correct part of the forum for this.
    I wired the money to a long standing Early S Registry member in Vancouver, Canada for a 1973 911 T in October 2013 , initially he said there was a problem with the title which continued until December , then he offered to refund my money which has not happened and we are now 7 months since I sent the money. Communication from his end has now stopped.

I am based in the UK, I realise there are risks with buying sight unseen from overseas but when buying from an Early S member that you phone up and have a half hour chat with, I think you would agree that the risk of losing your money, you would hope would be very low?

I am an enthusiast that drives an air-cooled Porsche 365 days a year either a 83 3.2 or a 66 hot-rod , I don't normally like to say bad things about people but what do I do in this situation? I work very hard for my money and have 4 kids to feed and clothe so I am not keen to just give up.

I have all his details and copies of bank transfers and various emails and sms confirming the sale and the title issues and the intention to refund me which hasn't happened.

Is it appropriate to post it all on here so that no other enthusiasts lose money to this guy

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thanks
    Steve UK
    66 911 Twinplug
    67S
    83 3.2

Canadian cars do not have titles?

If you have a signed bill of sale from the seller with a vin etc it helps, that way you may get somewhere with the help of an attorney.

that is a bad situation either way. I would not expect that from a seller in such a small community.

~J~
    air cooled only

I'd be furious. I was in Vancouver last week and would have gone and kicked his a$$ for you. First Rob Ford, now this guy. Makes Canada look bad.

I'd call him out here if you see that he is still posting. Heck, I'd call him out anyway,

The next thing you need to do is hire a lawyer. I can recommend one in the UK or poke around for a Vancouver lawyer for you. My parents and many good friends from high school and University still live there.

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Steve ... What a shame and a total crime to hear this.
    I am Glad you posted this here
    please let us know the ID and name of this guy that thinks its Okay to rip off others

I would recommend a short period of restraint; the threat of outing the seller is your main leverage. If you just go ahead and do it you've lost that weapon and pissed the person off, potentially hardening his resolve. I'd say use the Registry admins to see if someone that knows the person can apply some personal pressure behind the scenes. Give it a short fuse and if it doesn't work out then unleash the nuclear option.
    Jeff Jensen

Steve,
    That's quite a restrained post, under the circumstances. Agree with mobius, the threat of outing is leverage and should be used as such. Just outing now is public spirited but does not help you, and you are the one who is out of pocket.
    You've given me pause for thought, as a UK-based person thinking of doing a similar deal in the US. I think, if it does happen, I'll visit in person before handing over the full balance.
    BTW I'm in Farnham. Small world.
    Cheers, good luck, Richard.

Jeff has more patience than I. The seller already has to know he risks outing here and he still has not responded. The guy has committed international fraud. And there is an extradition treaty between the UK and Canada. Time to go nuclear in my books, but I am married to a Lawyer (now law librarian), so I always pick the nuclear option. It's just not right. I'm mad and its not even my money !

It's a stain on us all because clearly being a member here has no implication of trust. It's not the admins job to pressure thieves.

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

I recall there was a pretty big scammer out of BC recently nabbed. Not saying it's related, but I would do some online searching on the name of your seller.

Does he run in this circle?
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post596373
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Wow. This is not a Registry matter, it's a serious legal matter.

I would be googling lawyers or the police in Vancouver immediately for further direction. If you have problems googling Vancouver from the UK (I know Google search results will be biased based on where you are from) just let me know. I have personal contacts in Vancouver and can get a local search done, esp if you have a street address. Vancouver is a big city - it may be more impacting on him if he receives a letter from a lawyer up the street in Coquitlam, Surrey, Richmond, or whatever suburb he's located in.

Hang onto all correspondence, receipts etc and make photocopies before FedExing anything off if you do retain counsel.

Good luck, I wish you all the best. Please keep us advised.

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    I recall there was a pretty big scammer out of BC recently nabbed. Not saying it's related, but I would do some online searching on the name of your seller. Does he run in this circle?
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post596373
    Double wow. I hope these are not related matters.