Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CoA Questions

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    I'll see if Pawel knows. I think it's very likely they match, but maybe a few cars built in the first or last few days of a month mismatch.
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Early 911S Registry # 237 NeunElf's Avatar
    There were two people at the Lit Meet today offering these stickers. The date on the VIN sticker should match the date on your CofA.

Source # 1: Paweł Kalinowski from Car Bone Liveries http://car-bone.pl/shop/vin-door-jam...911-1969-1971/

Name:  carbone_porsche_vin_decal_1969_1971_1-600x630.jpg
Views: 4415
Size:  108.2 KB

Source #2: Andy Thonet:

Name:  Scan_20160305.jpg
Views: 4427
Size:  99.3 KB

Name:  Scan_20160305 (2).jpg
Views: 4406
Size:  98.1 KB
    Jim Alton
    Torrance, CA
    Early 911S Registry # 237

1965 Porsche 911 coupe
    1958 Porsche 356A cabriolet

Hi Jim,

Thanks for checking into this for me, and I really do appreciate the help. Now I'll be able to order one of the VIN decals with the correct info.

I was at the Porsche Swap meet today in Anaheim, and there were some beautiful 356s and 911s there. I'm still drooling!!

Dennis

What is interesting is that Porsche actually knew the date of manufacture and put the date on the COA....It has been my experience and several others, that Porsche will ask you the month and year that is listed on the door jam....When they asked me this question, I responded with....Why don't you guys tell me, you built the car...to which Porsche responded....we need that date from you to put it on the COA.....It's allover this website that that COA's are pretty useless...but I bit as a way to try and hopefully learn a little more about my car....but the door jam decal....that was the kicker for me....Similarly, Porsche did not include several other items on my '73S that I did not tell them about....they only included the items I told them about....kind of a bummer all the way around

I think the Factory policy is that they only confirm but not really give out infos.
    So you need to confirm you own the car, that you have this on your car etc. And if they do a mistake like on many COA, they just correct or add the info. They also cant really provide you the first owner of your car even they know it, since its recorded on the Kardex.

I think this is all due to some liability issues.
    Someone once sued the factory for giving out infos to anybody they were not authorised to do so.
    Registry member No.773

RE: first owner....I believe sometimes Porsche may not know the first owner. In some instances, cars were shipped to the dealer as dealer stock....not all cars were ordered by an individual and in other instances...which is the case for my car the first owner was a leasing company...as weird as it may seem, my car's first owner was a leasing company....From everything I have been able to uncover, my car was shipped to the US as dealer stock and then leased....I only know this as I was able to confirm the first owner with the state in which it was sold new.....Sorry for the hijack....

Hi Dmll, agree. I have a leasing documents from 1970 and also a leasing document from dealer Polak where they propose it to the client.

However my point was that the factory will not tell you which first owner it was, but confirm it to you if you ask them what you know.
    Dealer, owner or leasing company makes no difference. However there are ways to get the Kardex where its all written.
    Registry member No.773

At one time it was a lot easier. The folks in Germany would send you the information directly from the factory.

Name:  911 COA.jpg
Views: 4317
Size:  138.4 KB

Richard Newton
    Car Tech Stuff

Thumbs up

Yes they did Richard.... I wrote and received one from Stuttgart and one from Reno....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

My car has a similar paper trail, on Porsche AG letterhead, onion skin paper, circa 1977. Even had a copy of the kardex attached, perhaps due to the fact the correspondent was the original owner.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624