Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S Resurrection Not Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    I will stop by your post. I see that in this image you can also see the small "incriptions" that seem to be patent numbers! And my question is also about that number present in the KOni. The 2 means the number 2 of the pair of shock absorbers or does it really indicate the month of manufacture? I think, I have to check it in my car is recorded as 72/2. My car left the dealer in January. Regards
    Are Kamox the screws?

Attachment 527722
    Can someone confirm if the number 2 refers to the month of the year?
    I have reread the posts in which the date was discussed and I am not clear. If it is clear to me that the front shock absorbers were not the original ones with which they left the factory since the rear koni were dated in 71 ... the front ones in 72

I'm doing some live... these are old parts but unedited videos.

https://www.twitch.tv/baudettcanarias

Name:  IMG_20201010_203549.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  50.3 KBName:  IMG_20201010_203552.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  66.4 KBName:  IMG_20201010_203557.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  59.8 KBName:  IMG_20201010_203601.jpg
Views: 410
Size:  67.0 KB

+

+

From the Huhg! In ultimate S / T tread.
    This image of January 18, 72 says that the vehicles could be made in plastic (flares) ... And also that the hood and rear part had to be "not plastic".
    Until January 18, 1972. How did the porsche make its S / T? Did you use balsa wood or aluminum for the hood and rear? Did you use only metal for the flares?

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  111.6 KB

+

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  125.9 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  112.3 KB

+

I have changed providers. It is now RM. Do you know that brand? Tomorrow I will do some tests and leave the center back ready for painting. I bought a thick "bottom". I will finish sanding the background to 320 and then I will apply the high thickness one. The latter is a creamier color. Once done I will take the sandpaper steps up to a 500 grit to the water.
    Name:  IMG_20201023_172147.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  76.5 KBName:  IMG_20201023_172125.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  111.6 KB

+

yesterday while writing .... I wanted to try the product. I am delighted. it is a magnificent product. Working with a supplier of products is really cool. Delcar in Tenerife ... Let's see how things turn out.
    Name:  IMG_20201111_213831.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  51.0 KB

I sand the dark background to 320. I gave it a high build filler (the latter shown)
    It went back to 320 and went back to another thick coat. Today I will sand the water until I reach 500.
    Last edited by _gonbau; 11-12-2020 at 02:35 AM.

Some great photos here. Have you tried stripper wheels on an angle grinder? Has worked wonders, is incredibly fast and saves on the more expensive sand paper. Just a thought!

wow... looks like you are at a viable surf spot.... do the waves get good shape???

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    wow... looks like you are at a viable surf spot.... do the waves get good shape???

this place is perfect for surfing !! While I was recording some images I got some good videos of unsuspecting people getting where they don't have to go! I'll post some photos so that you can appreciate the beauty of the Taganana wave! If someone likes surfing or bodyboarding. It is more than welcome on this island and in this house!

Quote Originally Posted by dmaddox View Post
    Some great photos here. Have you tried stripper wheels on an angle grinder? Has worked wonders, is incredibly fast and saves on the more expensive sand paper. Just a thought!
    I have the orbital sander but after a long time wanting to buy it now, I don't see anything useful! I like to work by hand. And may time wear me out At the time of stripping if I have used the tools you mention And some more.

Baudett ... Looks like a wonderful place .. I would like to see some surf photos... surfing drew me to Porsches. Because of Porsches "cheating" design inspired my short board designs... I never raced Porsches ...i raced waves.... thank you bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    Baudett ... Looks like a wonderful place .. I would like to see some surf photos... surfing drew me to Porsches. Because of Porsches "cheating" design inspired my short board designs... I never raced Porsches ...i raced waves.... thank you bob
    today has been a stormy day. When I have the video I'll hang it up. Some surfers dared to enter the water but they did not last long. Last night a rescue helicopter appeared. When the sea is bad in this area of ​​the island it is better not to approach ... From here it looks very neglected. Regarding the waves I attach some images!
    Name:  taganana1.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  60.3 KB
    the other image is of a drill in the same rock! Honestly, the pilots and the crew have balls of steel.

Name:  _DSC0103.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  70.9 KBName:  74c12d84-0ebf-41f5-831f-85bfafed981e.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  82.8 KB
    I'm not a great friend of surfing. My brother yes.
    Last edited by _gonbau; 11-13-2020 at 11:05 AM.