Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1971 Recaro Sport Seats Excellent Condition

Thumbs up *price drop* 1972 Recaro Sport Seats Excellent Condition

Driver and Passenger side. These are in near perfect condition, and will only need some new paint to get them back to new condition. They came out of a totaled 911s in the 80's and they have just been sitting in the garage. The leather is perfect and may have been reupholstered, the tilt and slide mechanism is working perfect. Tough to find another set like this. 9.5k plus shipping OBO.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by 911dude; 08-27-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Are there any stampings or identification to verify the mfg date and originality of seats
    Thanks for info.
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Just curious, do they have D type or Peanut type headrests? Was non-perforated leather available in 1971?

They are real. Not sure where I find a stamp? Maybe someone else with these seats can shed some light. I believe I actually messed up, they may have been from a 72', and the headrests are the D style. image.jpgimage.jpg

Nice seats. FYI if the seats were factory leather then they were D type headrests even into 1973. No leather peanut headrest offered by the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by 911dude View Post
    They are real. Not sure where I find a stamp? Maybe someone else with these seats can shed some light. I believe I actually messed up, they may have been from a 72', and the headrests are the D style. image.jpgimage.jpg
    You would have to pull them apart and check the dates on the cushions but that isn't going to happen to those seats
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    You would have to pull them apart and check the dates on the cushions but that isn't going to happen to those seats
    Thanks Clyde!

I've tried to give as much detail with the pictures as I can. Here's another picture to help authenticate the seats. This shows the wiring under the seat attaching to the seatbelt. image.jpg

Hmm I think that dates them as early 73 model seats then as I didn't think the seat belt warning light happened in the USA until 1973 year model others will know that better than me though.

Maybe a pic of the underside of the tilt mechanism will tell us if early or late 73 due to the presence or absence of the double locking mechanism.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

My 72 has the seat belt warning light
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Quote Originally Posted by robmog View Post
    My 72 has the seat belt warning light
    Mine did too....