Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1971 911 S Coupe Albert Blue in Italy

FS: 1971 911 S Coupe Albert Blue in Italy

1971 Porsche 911 S Coupe
    VIN # 9111300014
    ENG# 6301622
    Transmission 5-Speed (911/01) # 7700027
    Production number 1010196
    Albert Blue (1818) on Black Leatherette with Recaro Sport Seats and alloy deck and rear plate panel

IMG_6970.jpg

Not number matching engine, but correct for the model and calendar year.
    It is not known when the non-original engine was installed but certainly before 2005.

This car has recently undergone a thorough restoration from a very good, rust free example.
    The car runs and drives extremely well.
    Original mileage unknown (odometer reads 60877).

This long-hood 911 was sold new on 1 November 1970 at Lodigiani Porsche Dealer in Piacenza, Italy, with number plate PC 206226. The car was then sold in Rome in October 1979 and then in Viterbo in June 1993 to a Mr Volpi, who registered it in the name of his wife. In April 2003, the 911 was sold to a collector in Rome and shared garage space with a pristine 1974 2.7 Carrera and a 1989 3.2 Speedster. He sold it to me in June 2005.

The Early Porsche Registry Forum has been a fundamental resource in acquiring the knowledge about these cars, but also a curse, in that it created an obsession to improve every detail over the years. That was particularly difficult as most of the time I was living abroad and the car was in Italy. In the mean time I also got married and made three children. This was meant to be a keeper but I am about to move to Africa, we have embarked on a real estate project and current prices suggest a sale that I will for sure regret.

The car was first with Assistenza Tecnica Sportiva di Riccardo Lazzaroni & C. s.a.s.. in Bresso (Milan), who is one of the best independent Porsche mechanics in Italy. He went through the entire car and rebuilt the engine with new piston rings, new tensioners, heads rebuilt with new valves and guides; fuel injection pump rebuilt, new clutch, new gaskets and seals, new SSI stainless steel heat exchangers & new muffler, rebuilt electric cables, pedal cluster fully rebuilt and rebushed; new oil lines, new fuel lines and fuel sending unit, new plug wires, plugs, front and rear calipers rebuilt, new pads installed, new brake lines. The 5-speed 911/01 transmission was rebuilt with new synchros, bearings, disassembled, cleaned and repacked; shifter linkage with all new bushings.

The dash is original and very nice, the door pockets are very nice, the grilles, bumpers and door handles have been rechromed. The rear lights are Bosch, the front one are reproductions.

A new correct velour carpet by KHM (www.cabrio.de) was installed by Gianmaria Delfrate di DGM Restauri. I had new seat covers in the correct material (basket weave and perforated vinyl) and headliner supplied by Tony Garcia of Autobahn Interiors.

I got back to Italy from 2009 to 2012 and used the car with satisfaction but still with the urge to fix details. I was not happy with the paint so when I left Italy to work abroad again, in 2012, the car got a bare metal repaint that took forever. Now the body looks excellent from every angle with very nice gaps. The original Konis were repainted and rebuilt at Simoncini (www.simonciniammortizzatori.it) and the car got a new gas tank with the correct finish.

Porsche Center Prato Petri Corse finalized the car with extensive work. They installed new Porsche batteries, hood shocks, rebuilt the steering, changed oil, filters, plugs, retuned the injection, did the set up and made sure that everything works, including the clock. A new set of Michelin XWX are installed on the unrestored deep 6” Fuchs. The car sports beautiful non retractable Repa seatbelts at the front (NOS) and the back and correct receivers for sports seats. The windscreen is marked Sigma.

The car looks and drive fantastic. It looks like an extremely well preserved car rather than a super restored one, with the right patina and the correct details. The bright work is also in excellent condition
    This Porsche comes with owner’s manual, service booklet, original key fob, certificate of Authenticity, extra key, spare wheel/tire, jack, car cover, bra, and most significant records. I am still looking for the tool kit which I cannot find after several movings.

The car is visible in Bologna by appointment and with previous email to me.

I am happy to answer all questions about the car, and can provide additional pictures as well, but please understand that I have to ask somebody else to take them for me as I am very far from the car. PPIs at buyer’s expense are welcome.

Cashier’s check or wire transfer will be accepted for payment. Car will be released to buyer once funds are confirmed.

Contact me by private message or e-mail first (favilli AT hotmail DOT com), so that I can keep all correspondence dated and clear, but of course I am available also by phone.

Asking price is 130,000 euro (reduced from 165,000) , and I am open to reasonable offers.

IMG_7267.jpg

IMG_5280.jpg

IMG_6980.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

IMG_6963.jpg

image3 books.jpg

IMG_7063.jpg

IMG_7097.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by giaz; 01-13-2017 at 04:06 AM.
    Giaz
    Life is hard without a Porsche

Some more pictures

IMG_7016.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Giaz

She looks very nice, GLWS!
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Giaz don't do it, keep this great 2.2S!

Giaz, say it is not so, you will regret selling. I have a lot of experience with regret and lost opportunities with these cars. Thanks again for the help with the history of my 73 and putting me in touch with the Valli family. Whatever you decide I wish you well.
    Last edited by steve shea; 08-15-2016 at 06:09 AM.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

I have booked my trip - I will send you my SNAP card # for a deposit
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Unless you really need money; the idea of cash in your bank account will wear off Quickly and you will wish you had the car back.So you say I can buy another one later. Not like this wonderful car. I know so many that had regrets after the sale. Good luck Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Thanks everybody for the kind words. The decision is taken as the cash is useful for family projects and the car does not get driven as I will not relocate to Italy before four years. But the car is loved and has been loved, although mostly as a distant love, and I know for sure that I will never own again a car like this one.
    If somebody is interested, please email me before actually going to the place where the car is.
    Giaz

Number 14- that's an early one. So many Blue cars seemed to have been delivered to Italy.
    This one looks great!
    GLWS.

Albert Blue is such a fantastic color. This looks like a good car.

Years ago when I bought my first early 911S it was red and I had no idea the original color as the door tag was gone. I bought the car online through pictures, it showed up on the transport, I put a little paint stripper on the passenger front fender and it was brown underneath, . I put the car in storage and waited for the COA and weeks later I found out my car was Albert Blue! What a great surprise, also matching numbers. I know much more today than I did then so I am glad I have never got around to restoring the car. Plan on doing it soon and I love seeing pictures of this car for inspiration. GLWS