Views: 149
Size:  114.6 KB

9243 STUEZ KL is for headrest leatherette

That's OK for my car with black leatherette interior

But my question is a matter of style:

Name:  69Headrests.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  101.9 KB

I think they are original to my car as I know another 70 car with the same headrests.

In the past, I fund online a Porsche 69 brochure with the 2 headrest styles pictured.

I did not saved my find.

So my questions are:

-Maybe someone has the 69 brochure and can provide a detail picture of the 2 headrest styles.

-Is 9243 a small headrest option code ?

-Headrests were not standard equipment on 69E cars ?

Thanks for your help

I believe 9243 is headrest in leatherette, or more aptly the standard headrest.

There were options for headrests in other materials as shown below.
    It's not clear to me if the ones on your car are original or not. Maybe a few more pics from different angles would help

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 11.58.57 AM.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  35.5 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

hello jr, in 1969 there were only the so-called "d-shape" headrests. these were subject to a surcharge - see page 7 of the 1969 accessories catalogue. your mounted headrests are called "peanut". these definitely did not exist in 1969. so they are the wrong ones. hope I could help.

regards uwe

Here's a "d shaped" 9242 original material (leather) headrest from my old 69S

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 12.07.58 PM.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  66.2 KB
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

J-R, those headrests are '72/'73 and look to still be in the original vinyl. As has been said, the original headrests through '71 are the D shaped in either leather or vinyl. For '72/'73 they would be the "D" ONLY if in leather.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586