Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WTB: exceptional, original long hood coupe

I still think early 911's are cheap compared to many cars. I don't own mine to make money but when I do that's great. I do think nice S's will break $100K in the next 5 years. Good RS's are well over 200K now and they aren't that much rarer than early most S's. And as far as color goes I usually will by a good car at right no matter what color it is but I am finding the older I get the color is becoming more important. I had a beautiful 72 S that was raseberry rose, I hated color at the time, I paid $8400 for car it's now for sale for $65K.
    Phil

Done:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ead.php?t=9259

Thanks for doing that. Sorry if it has already been done, I didn't see it.

Just working out the best year to sell my RS , only kiddin!
    Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Uh oh, the clock is TICKING! Took a quick glance at the age demographics of this BBS and now feel like I have two timebombs ticking in my garage. Since I am at the tail end of the boomers, I think I'll be left holding the bag once again.

Todays Cars

Lets all look at the crap that is driving around these days. How many mass produced cars in the late 80's, 90's and 00's will ever be collectable. First of all the styling is fairly similar, they don't rust, you need a computer to work on them, and there is a ton of them offered in the market place. What about the new, Hemi, ford GT, New 997, PT cruser, etc... These cars are all trying to re-create the wheel from the 70's.

Style has been lost since the 70's- early 80's, don't you think the cars from these era's will continue to rise in value. They have nothing to replace them. People are not going to stop collecting cars? It is in the blood of almost every American. I doubt very much my grand kids will be collecting 88 Acuras or Probe GT's. There is nothing cool about them. My first car was a 1989 Nisan 200sx, I have no desire to re create my youth by restoring one of those.

One more thing to consider is that people that are buying collector cars are enjoying them. In the 90's prices were driven up by dealers cornering the market and trading the cars often, today we are seeing more people buying the cars and holding on to them. Some one on this post has 11 RS's. I doubt if any of those are for sale. Find me a nice S today and I will pay you $60k+ for it. I won't sell it I will enjoy it, eventually we are going to run out of good cars. We are just seeing it starting to happen. When the market becomes dry people will start paying whatever for a car. I wanted an RS and I paid all the money for it. What happens to the next guy that wants one and he can't find it. When one comes up he will pay more money for it. The supply will run out and we will all be happy with our investments. This is not a trend that is going to go away.

I will continue to buy every good early 911 I can get my hands on. They will continue to go up in value. I will bet my RS on it.

Joe:

I applaud your enthusiasm but nothing goes straight up. I hope you took note of the market today; -213 points. Don't bet the ranch or your RS because it can happen again. I've been around long enough to have seen RS values killed once, already.

Watching Barrett-Jackson, I am convinced that nobody understands value.

Tom

Value is the Key.

Quote Originally Posted by sithot
    Joe:

I applaud your enthusiasm but nothing goes straight up. I hope you took note of the market today; -213 points. Don't bet the ranch or your RS because it can happen again. I've been around long enough to have seen RS values killed once, already.

Watching Barrett-Jackson, I am convinced that nobody understands value.

Tom
    Value is the key. Whether it's land or cars if it is desirable it will be valuable. If you don't think early 911's are the best value in a classic car you are on the wrong post. What else can you buy that has very little maintenance, drives great, looks great and is arguably the best sports car line of all time, for under $100K? Compare them to the Ferrari's and Lotus's of the same period. Most of them are way over $100k and you can't even drive them.

You must have been effected by the Great Depression, I am not old enough to have experienced it. If we have another one we all will be broke and it won't mater anyway. The Earth is filling up with people, there will always be enough money to buy good cars and good land. Were do you think all the baby boomer's money is going to? There kids, they will continue to invest in Land and Cars, cool things, they can live in and enjoy.

As for the stock market? I would put every nickle I have into cars if I could dodge the tax man. The curse of the pre-taxed dollar.

It's really quite simple as long as more people want a nice early 911 than there are cars than prices increase. Since they haven't built for a long time than you have programed scarcity. It's not like when all 12 Cylinder Ferraris were all selling for huge money these cars are still very cheap. At some point prices will correct but I woudl think we are a long ways away from that.
    Phil

Exceptional, original?

I doubt it, but here they are: no affilation, just posting some 'for sale' ads to get the thread back on point.

For Sale:
    1973 911S Coupe
    Excellent Condition,
    Complete Restoration @ 143,000 Engine,
    MFI, Trans, Fuchs, Exterior, Interior
    Current Odometer 157,000
    Chassis 9113300346,
    Original engine w Bosch MFI
    Color change Sepia to Guards Red,
    original thru grill amber fog lamps
    Covered, Garaged, No Rain
    Interior is excellent,
    Alpine 9807 AM/FM/CD/MP3 w remote, Alpine V12 amp, Boston Acoustics NX-97 6x9s (in boxes)
    Have original radio

This is an excellent, pampered, 73 S Coupe
    Runs strong and tight. $25,000
    photos and more detail available

all correspondence and questions to: john_frere@anadarko.com

1/15/06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For Sale:
    1971 911T Targa
    This is a pretty bahia red unmolested example in very nice condition. Full service history back to 9/10/70 when it began life. $16K spent redoing the engine/transmission/clutch/suspension 7 years ago (13.6K miles ago). I'm in Grass Valley, Ca and based on Excellence magazine asking $13,200 for a car nearing excellent condition (Bruce Anderson has lofty levels for excellence). Bill Kerler - 530-271-0428 Pictures available

12/6/05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For Sale:
    1972 911E Coupe
    VIN # 911220749,
    Engine # 6221174 911.52,
    Transmission # 32708,
    Sepia Brown # 7474.
    Interior brown leatherette houndstooth # 21/26

47,800 original miles, original paint, concours car never driven in rain, just tuned up. New Michelin pilots 205/60/15's. Period Becker Mexico radio, period houndstooth Recaros, Momo Jackie Stewart wheel. Tough to find a nicer original 911. $28,000 U.S Funds. For additional information and photos please email brettandkathy@shaw.ca or yachtmanagement@philbrooks.com. Sidney B.C. Canada.

11/20/05

For Sale:
    1972 911S
    For sale, a fully restored Porsche 911 2.4 S from 1972. This car is in all details restored and 100% original . I am the third owner. The whole restoration is fully documented by pictures and investments. Restoration is done by official Porsche Restorer and only original Porsche parts are used.

- Color: Silver metallic (Original color)
    - Engine / Transmission: All original as it left from the factory and completely overhauled by professional Porsche restorer
    - Body: Complete sand blasted and new parts welded. Only original Porsche parts used
    - Accessories:
    - Original Recaro S sport seats with Pied du Poule fabric (still original) in absolute perfect condition
    - Carpet complete renewed as it was originally
    - Electric and green colored windows original from factory
    - Stainless steel exhausts system
    - Air-condition (not installed at the moment but all parts available)
    - Becker Radio (from 1972 period)
    - All original books (all forms completed with maintenance etc.) and original toolkit comes with the car

The car is at the moment in Europe. I am able to ship anywhere in the World. Pictures available. Only serious offers please from people who can value professional restoration and understand the necessary investments. I am not seeking for quick money.

Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by VIper Green E
    Value is the key. Whether it's land or cars if it is desirable it will be valuable. If you don't think early 911's are the best value in a classic car you are on the wrong post. What else can you buy that has very little maintenance, drives great, looks great and is arguably the best sports car line of all time, for under $100K? Compare them to the Ferrari's and Lotus's of the same period. Most of them are way over $100k and you can't even drive them.

You must have been effected by the Great Depression, I am not old enough to have experienced it. If we have another one we all will be broke and it won't mater anyway. The Earth is filling up with people, there will always be enough money to buy good cars and good land. Were do you think all the baby boomer's money is going to? There kids, they will continue to invest in Land and Cars, cool things, they can live in and enjoy.

As for the stock market? I would put every nickle I have into cars if I could dodge the tax man. The curse of the pre-taxed dollar.

For now, Joe, believe what you want, but for Pete's sake, don't ever do your own taxes.

Tom