Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mmm... Fresh Irish Green!

Mmm... Fresh Irish Green!

Just got my 73' painted today. I thought I would post a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.

I also want to post the formula for those who may need it in the future. It was matched to a sample from a SWB car from an area that was not exposed to the sun. I didn't want to just give a paint shop a code and let them mix from an old formula. With todays modern paints the old formulas often don't turn out the same.

Here is the formula I used and is current for Glasurit line 55. I'm really pleased with the results.

C2S SG111.50
    Glasurit - 55
    SG111.50

1 Gallon
    352-91 = 658.9
    A696 = 1858.2
    M105 = 715.2
    A926= 287.5
    A125 = 25.6
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Nice work ! Irish green has to be one of the better early 911 colors.
    Keep us posted w/ pics as you go along. The finished product will be stunning !!!
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

Thats Kevin M's shop, is your car still there? I might stop by to see it on way home if still there.
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

It's still there. These pictures were taken yesterday. Today the hood, decklid, doors, and bumpers get painted.
    Bobby

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

great I will stop by the shop. He did a little blending on the front fender of my car to match the mostly original paint car. great job
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Hi Boboloo,
    Congrat's on the new paint job. Don't want to wreck the surprise, but here is what the finished product looked like for me 3 years ago. This was just a week and a half after the paint had dried. In fact, I still hadn't put my hood badge back on yet.
    BTW, that is my exact paint code too. I am guessing that you got it from me somewhere because Glasurit's formula seemed a little off when had them mix me a sample. I ended up getting a paint chip off of an original early car (won't say whose) and had them scan it for a match. Yours is the exact formula that came up. You will be happy that you spent the extra $$$ for Glasurit too.
    It's going to look great. By far one of the nicest colors on an early 911...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

P.S.
    Those pictures of your car in the paint booth glistening with fresh paint get me horny....

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    BTW, that is my exact paint code too. I am guessing that you got it from me somewhere because Glasurit's formula seemed a little off when had them mix me a sample. I ended up getting a paint chip off of an original early car (won't say whose) and had them scan it for a match. Yours is the exact formula that came up.
    Yeah it's the formula you came up with. I'm guessing you're Garth aka (Blau911) on the Pelican board. John Cramer linked me to the formula.

Your car looks great by the way.
    Bobby

If you think it looks good now, wait until they buff it out. Have them wait some extra days before having them do the buffing. MY painter who paints regularly with Glasurit told me that it takes extra time to dry and firm up. On the other hand, maybe he was just BS'ing me because he didn't want to deal with me for a few weeks. I badgered him for weeks to finish the job so I could drive my car again...

Looks great! Why buff it?...35 years of loving wax jobs got rid of the factory oreange peel...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)