Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @2Shores - 69S

the paint tone on the paint job looks to be perfect factory correct color. Sometimes 69 cars are thought of as in between cars because it is still a 2.0 liter and it is not the original 67S and it is a LWB but not a 2.2 or 2.4. But people must realize the 69S is special as it is the closest 911 to a factory race car with the highest hp per liter and 9.9 compression. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

why would a 69 have a 73-on shifter boot? Isn't this supposed to have the skinny 901 boot?

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    the paint tone on the paint job looks to be perfect factory correct color. Sometimes 69 cars are thought of as in between cars because it is still a 2.0 liter and it is not the original 67S and it is a LWB but not a 2.2 or 2.4. But people must realize the 69S is special as it is the closest 911 to a factory race car with the highest hp per liter and 9.9 compression. Chris
    That's all fine IN THEORY....but in (driving) reality they PALE to the 2.2 and 2.4 (and of course the 2.7RS) cars.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

shiny flip car at this point .. once 2 shores gets your car it just a flip monster

This poor car has languished on eBay for so long.
    cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221335873393

From the pics, it has some honest small things wrong with it but it also has loads of great things about it as well.

I like that factory rear nudge bar... ultra rare option

Has anyone seen this car in person, PPI'ed it, etc? What's the deal?
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I cannot figure out the issue. Would seem that someone would grab it. It's right outside Chicago, so maybe someone here has seen it?

If they really expect all of the $179k I can understand that it hasn't sold immed, but I would think around $120k+ it certainly would have a home by now.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

W/ 8h to go in the auction . . .

Bid = $110k/€80k/£67k
    BiN = $180k/€131k/£110k

. . . + 65 'watchers'!

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I cannot figure out the issue. Would seem that someone would grab it. It's right outside Chicago, so maybe someone here has seen it?

If they really expect all of the $179k I can understand that it hasn't sold immed, but I would think around $120k+ it certainly would have a home by now.

Scott
    I will share my thoughts on the car having carefully considered it as far as discussing it with the seller in Chicago and exhausting the internet resources. I think the car is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) It was owned by list member badbilly in CA,2010-2011. His ownership has some documentation here in the forum - and the car has had lots of discussion in this thread. I tried to contact him - no luck.
    2) Then it became a flip car (and may have been back when badbilly had it) but since his ownership it has traveled from Sloan to 2Shores to Darkhorse to Classic Car Gallery then to the Aston Martin Dealer in Chicago. Each dealer certainly made a little, so there is very likely more than $120k in it at the current shop. So its recent history is not appealing to anybody interested in private ownership.
    3) Speaking of history, basically nothing is known of the car ahead of badbilly except that restoration/engine work went on. The black CA plates with the car on the sloan site are not with the car now (and likely never were), and Sloan's claim to 38k miles is not documented. So again, essentially no known history over 40 years.
    4) 2.0 instead of 2.2, no sunroof, no sport seats - I agree with $120 as a real deal, but the car is held by a big company, sitting pretty in the showroom, likely helping to move other deals along and therefore it serves a real purpose and there is not big pressure to clear it out by any means. If things continue in the near term as they are, the car will sell, no? But it does not have the goodies to override no history and high price, in my opinion as an active seeker. I have no certainty that the market will not catch up with the asking. The seller had it on ebay for $169k, now $179k. He is a savy professional Porsche sales guy and its largely a seller's market. Doesn't make the acquisition any more liquid for the next guy though and given the setting, there is no real room for a little guy to deal.

This is simply my reasoning on not going to see the car even though I was there in Chicago a few weeks ago to see the 70 burgundy car. I'd still like to have it !!

Mike Friggens

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post

. . . + 65 'watchers'!
    It was only 13 watchers this morning before I bumped this thread...
    The market is a spectator sport
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by friggens View Post
    I will share my thoughts on the car having carefully considered it as far as discussing it with the seller in Chicago and exhausting the internet resources. I think the car is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) It was owned by list member badbilly in CA,2010-2011. His ownership has some documentation here in the forum - and the car has had lots of discussion in this thread. I tried to contact him - no luck.
    2) Then it became a flip car (and may have been back when badbilly had it) but since his ownership it has traveled from Sloan to 2Shores to Darkhorse to Classic Car Gallery then to the Aston Martin Dealer in Chicago. Each dealer certainly made a little, so there is very likely more than $120k in it at the current shop. So its recent history is not appealing to anybody interested in private ownership.
    3) Speaking of history, basically nothing is known of the car ahead of badbilly except that restoration/engine work went on. The black CA plates with the car on the sloan site are not with the car now (and likely never were), and Sloan's claim to 38k miles is not documented. So again, essentially no known history over 40 years.
    4) 2.0 instead of 2.2, no sunroof, no sport seats - I agree with $120 as a real deal, but the car is held by a big company, sitting pretty in the showroom, likely helping to move other deals along and therefore it serves a real purpose and there is not big pressure to clear it out by any means. If things continue in the near term as they are, the car will sell, no? But it does not have the goodies to override no history and high price, in my opinion as an active seeker. I have no certainty that the market will not catch up with the asking. The seller had it on ebay for $169k, now $179k. He is a savy professional Porsche sales guy and its largely a seller's market. Doesn't make the acquisition any more liquid for the next guy though and given the setting, there is no real room for a little guy to deal.

This is simply my reasoning on not going to see the car even though I was there in Chicago a few weeks ago to see the 70 burgundy car. I'd still like to have it !!

Mike Friggens
    Very reasonable assessment, thanks for posting it. As for no sunroof, sport seats, etc, that's all personal preference, IMO and not really driving the 'no sale', but I hear ya.

I think you nailed it when pointing out the fact that this car is getting passed on endlessly between dealers, each one either breaking even or making a small buck as they unload it. Not a lot of room to let it go at it's current bid price (~110ish), which IMO, is getting close to it's full value in current state.

We all know that getting that last 5% of the details right is getting harder and harder to do and not getting any cheaper.

So it sits.... unused, not driven, not tinkered with, not enjoyed...

Oh well, I do like the car
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624