Thread: Dunlop Tire SP57 185/70 VR15

Dunlop Tire SP57 185/70 VR15

Hi,

The spare tire on my 1972 911T targa is a Dunlop SP57 in the stock tire size. The tire is in good shape but obviously used and likely 40 years old. It is slightly worn and I would be willing to take as many photos as a buyer would want with a real camera. I apologize for the poor cellphone pictures.

I am asking $250 for the tire plus the cost of removal (if over and beyond the cost of changing a tire) and shipping.

I would prefer to sell only the tire but I will sell the Fuchs and the tire as a package. The Fuchs wheel appears to have the original anodized finish like all of my remaining wheels.

The marks on the tire and Fuchs are gunk from storage in my garage/front compartment and most will come off. I would be willing to clean it off with non-abrasive soap and water and take better photos if there is interest. A previous owner/shop put a wheel weight on the outside of the wheel (as down on all 5 of my wheels-- why!!!). Other than that, the wheel appears to be in fantastic shape.

There doesn't appear to be a large market for these types of items-- either buying or selling-- and I am not out to offend. Please feel free to make an offer via PM.

I am located in Toronto, Canada but I can ship from Niagara Falls, NY 14303 to reduce shipping costs and time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coldstart; 06-22-2012 at 05:45 AM.

More poor cellphone pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a suggestion: you may want to dismount the tire and take a picture of it at that point.

A 40 year old tire may not make it off the wheel in decent shape
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I can have the tire removed from the wheel. The tire holds air and I don't think that there will be any issues with it.

Obviously, one would not have to buy the tire if it is not in good shape once it is off the rim.

Replied to PM.

Taking offers.......

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Just a suggestion: you may want to dismount the tire and take a picture of it at that point.

A 40 year old tire may not make it off the wheel in decent shape
    I had that same problem when trying to mount a 40 year old "New" tire that I bought from a tire shop. It was virtually impossible to mount that tire on the spare Fuch. The tire refused to stretch over the wheel and I was afraid I was either going to tear the bead on the tire or damage the rim. We finally got it, but it was quite a challenge. Lots and lots of Lube...

Better to have the tire dismounted first, then you will know if you have a saleable item; the proof will be when the customer successfully mounts it. The SP57 I had looked great until it was off the rim. That process destroyed the bead.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers