Size:  81.9 KBName:  bigi.jpg
Views: 1154
Size:  60.6 KBName:  DSC08665.jpg
Views: 1154
Size:  150.0 KB
    911 S 1967 and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Webster View Post
    My father's 1973 2.4E.

Delivered new to a doctor Tasmania (that small island at the bottom of mainland Australia).

We are the third owner and it has only travelled 28,000 miles from new.

Nice options including sunroof and single sports seat. Car is like new other than some minor paint stone chips etc.

We have owned it for about 8-10 years now. Just an amazing car to drive. Excuse the crappy mat on the drivers side!
    Beautiful car, Alex!

Would you mind taking a picture of the location of the passenger side view mirror (left side of car on your RHD car)? Do you know if this mirror came on the car from new?

Thanks
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Wow!!! what a beautiful car !!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Hello,
    Could you post some pictures of front bonnet of 1972 911. I would like to see how the bottom of the front bonnet is sprayed. Last month I had my 1972 911 resprayed with the original silver, the bottom of the front bonnet wad sprayed with silver,not black,though. I think some bottom area may be black?
    Thank you in advance.

Takahiro

The underside of the hood is all body color.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

1971 911 T

VIN = 9111121045
    Eng# = 6115254
    Trans# = 7113378

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...nada-to-Europe...

Name:  DSC06880.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  118.6 KB
    911 S 1967 and ...

FS: @Bonhams Scottsdale - 1965 without reserve

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ams+scottsdale

Discussed here: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=3022261965

Porsche 911 Coupe

Without reserve
    US$ 55,000 - 75,000
    €40,000 - 55,000

Chassis no. 302226
    Engine no. 902350

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21392/lot/149/

Name:  imageCA6F2QF6.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  47.4 KB
    911 S 1967 and ...

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . Canadian . . .

. . . a 1971T in fabulous, original condition with what seems like original 46,000miles on the clock. It was advertised here on the board for some time and I only realised which car it was when I contacted a friend in Canada who had sent me pictures of this time warp a couple of years earlier . . .

. . . It wasn't that expensive and came with some nice NOS parts to get the shockers and exhaust back into shape . . .

. . . The few people whio have seen it out here are quite amazed as none of us has seen too many cars in this original, unrestored condition given that its 35years old . . .

. . . I have started cleaning the 35 years of road gime off the underneath to find pristine original black paint virtually unmarked. Many hours and lots of brushes later this car could easily be concours material without hardly a dollar to spend . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...own-Under-quot

. . . . . . . . . . .
    I have a love hate relationship with this car Rick. When it was for sale in the states I drove from Rapid City (was on a job site out there) to Minneapolis in one weekend to look it over. Even had Aaron at Flat Six do a PPI for me. I ended up passing on the car because the Tan over Ivory wasn't my fave. I fully believed the mileage because of the interior. Without a doubt the most pristine, original interior I've ever sat in. Has to be on par with the 700 mile cars. Funny thing, at the time, the owner had a green astroturf cover on the rear parcel shelf, he he. At any rate, I thought one front fender had a paint touch up but, the rest was obviously original. On the one hand, I passed up a wonderful T for 13k but, on the other hand I picked up my 70S three weeks later for 16k. Had I pulled the trigger on that T, I wouldn't have the car I really lusted over. I think it quickly became a 30k car in the span of two to three years after heading up to the Great White North and a couple of sales. Possibly Six Figures now, I suppose.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

The Right Car

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    . . . I have a love hate relationship with this car Rick. . . . I ended up passing on the car because the Tan over Ivory wasn't my fave. I fully believed the mileage because of the interior. Without a doubt the most pristine, original interior I've ever sat in . . .
    Hey, Mike . . .

Yeah --- I think that a lot of us do . . .

'Original' cars are like that. What makes them special may not always make them 'buyable' . . . or even 'usable.' On the other hand, every time I see any un-touched original car . . . some can really take my breath away. Tough cars to pass on, too . . . especially if I can afford them

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    . . . On the one hand, I passed up a wonderful T for 13k but, on the other hand I picked up my 70S three weeks later for 16k . . . Possibly Six Figures now, I suppose . . .
    Interesting comparison. A genuine OG 'T' (or 'E') versus . . . . an 'S.' Given the supply-vs-demand situation for each of these, I'd suspect OG cars can easily command 'S' prices. Very different cars to own/use/enjoy, though

Then again, I can't speak for actually having to choose between one-vs-the-other, but . . .

. . . years ago, I had an old Firebird Trans Am --- a '73 Super-Duty 455. Pontiac only built 252 cars that year, and this was one of the 72 4-speeds. Mine was May '72 production, too, so --- one of the 1st built. All-original --- never painted, wrecked, rusted, modified. Every decal, stamp, chalk-mark, part + date code intact/correct/un-marked. Window sticker, original jack + spare never down. Owned it 5 years, and only replaced the wheel flairs + exhaust w/ OEM bits . . . keeping everything except the exhaust . . . which was vaporized. This was Way Back before the 'net --- but even then . . . I knew exactly what I had

No desire to modify/'hotrod' it, or anything --- and the car was spotless/un-marked . . . Buccaneer Red. I wasn't too worried about mileage, but I do remember looking for replacement parts, at one point --- valve gear, cams, and especially the cast-iron exhaust headers . . . and seeing the term 'NLA' for the very first time

Then I started to worry about the car --- about maybe breaking it. Then I didn't drive it as much. Then I stopped driving it. Then I sold it

Too nice to use

Ever since then --- I've always looked for/bought 'runners' . . . cars whose value isn't tied to their odometers. Not to say that I wouldn't grab an OG/'survivor' if one came my way . . . but it's just turned-out that I've never owned anything near-as-nice as that TA since

Now? . . . I like too nasty to not use

Did you buy the Right Car, Mike?
    Last edited by LongRanger; 01-06-2014 at 10:04 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Oh yeah, without a doubt... At the time even though I wasn't looking for a 2.2S, that's what pulled the strings. I would have been equally happy with a nice T or E that I could play with. I just wanted into that 2.2 scene, ya know?

Just so happened that I landed an S. BONUS! Dusty's got some interesting history along with the tells even though I know she was 95% original hardware when I purchased her. I dig that..

With the Ivory car, I know it'd be all about maintaining the originality. I'd probably fret about every mile or scuff. Won't have to do that with Dusty, I'm not in this for the investment value... Last thing in my mind until I have to source some more parts.....
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586