Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Singer 911 on UK Top Gear - yes you can watch it! Here's how.

Singer 911 on UK Top Gear - yes you can watch it! Here's how.

Season 20 Episode 5 of the UK Top Gear has a feature on the the new 911 and the Singer 911 - http://singervehicledesign.com/

Now I know what you're going to say, "we can't watch the BBC iplayer from outside the UK" but that's not true anymore! If you install a free little add-on to your browser you can unblock iplayer, hulu, pandora, netflicks and many more from any country in the world. It's super simple and I've been using it for a few months now without any trouble. Here is how to do it:

Visit both:

http://hola.org/
    https://mediahint.com/

Choose your browser and install. That's it! I run either one of these add-ons or even both through FIrefox on my Mac. You can always turn them on or off in your browsers 'Tools' - 'Add-ons' menu.

So with that done enjoy the new season of Top Gear on BBC iplayer!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode..._20_Episode_5/

Very interesting thoughts on the new and new old 911, Jeremy is not a fan!

-Discuss.

-Kav
    Last edited by kav; 08-02-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Wow. That BBC limit workaround worked. And even a techno-old-guy-fumbler like me was able to do it. Thanks.

The Singer piece was cool. It seemed a little chopped-off at the end, though. No 'in summary' piece at the end of it. But beautifully photographed and compelling.

No worries Jack glad it worked out, I wish they had handed them over to the tame racing driver 'The Stig' for a lap around the track, I wonder which one would have put in the best lap time?!

Nice video on your car and setup btw.

-Cheers

-Kav

You can also wait until Monday and see it on BBC America. I am too lazy to do all this downloading/pirating stuff.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Worked for me too: Singer looks awesome... thanks so much for sharing!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

excellent...thanks!

Funny side note... I tried to do what you said and it still would not work for me... I suspected an old Firefox because I use Safari instead and did not keep up with FF. But "checking for updates" on firefox was telling it was up to date.... NOT true! In reality, I was using FF 3.03 and it's now up to version.... 22 !! I don't think I've ever been so out of date in my life! So thanks for the links and for making me reconsider FF, it is better now, though Safari still feels faster ;-)
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
    You can also wait until Monday and see it on BBC America. I am too lazy to do all this downloading/pirating stuff.
    So it's on "our" TopGear here in the states on Monday?
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    So it's on "our" TopGear here in the states on Monday?
    No, we get TGUK on BBC America. The new episodes are played full-length even (1.5 hours of programming but including commercials). I don't even know if the USTG is still running. Haven't watched it in at least a year and haven't seen any adverts for it. History and Discovery channels have gone off the deep end with stupid un-reality shows so I don't watch those channels anymore.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Quote Originally Posted by Flieger View Post
    No, we get TGUK on BBC America. The new episodes are played full-length even (1.5 hours of programming but including commercials). I don't even know if the USTG is still running. Haven't watched it in at least a year and haven't seen any adverts for it. History and Discovery channels have gone off the deep end with stupid un-reality shows so I don't watch those channels anymore.
    Sorry- that's what I meant TGUK on BBC America. Even my 11 yr old son saw how bad the TGUS version was.
    Thanks,
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)