Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
Hey, Carl . . .

I've looked/read a lotta Porsche color charts over the years and I will say that I've never heard of this color --- Lido Gold . . . before seeing/reading about it on the '67 when it was for sale at RS . . . which was why I included it. So, if you have a color chart/sample book/brochure that shows/describes it as available for '67, then I'll update my post
Here's Lido Gold (17656) from the Chassis Internal Service Bulletin Oct. 1970:

Name:  lido.jpg
Views: 1296
Size:  100.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post

As for including Jazzman's Champagne Yellow '70 . . . while it may've been a standard Porsche color in some years --- it still required a special order to be on a car that year . . . hence the '68' prefix paint-code

As I recall, '68XX' = custom/special/paint-to-sample/non-standard paint

I guess I would just say that some colors are just more special than others
68XX does not mean 'custom/special/paint-to-sample/non-standard paint'. It's simply the most recently used Porsche color number (in this case 6822 used for Champagne Yellow in 1968 and 1969) for that particular shade. Only when we know what Porsche charged for a color brought back from the dead will we know whether they considered the reuse of an older color code optional or paint to sample. Did they charge for an optional color or did they charge more for a paint to sample color? As usual the answer lies with the financial dept.