Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear decklid stamped # question

Rear decklid stamped # question

Along the way in the life of my 66', the rear decklid was replaced. The lid must be off a 67' or 68' because of the emblems and location of the emblems. There is no sign that the slanted 911 emblem (66') was ever on this lid. It is very difficult to read the numbers stamped into the lid. Anyone want to take a shot at what year it is from.

Before I had it stripped

# stamped into the lid.
    Scott

What are the last 3 in your serial?
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Last three are 581
    Scott

Can you point to where the S 041 is stamped? On the older grills the last three of the serial number is to the left of the center spar
    covered by the grille.

Open the lid, look at the bumps (perch for the windshield wiper) at the top of the grille hole, is there no bumps, one bump on the drivers side, or bumps on both sides?
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67S View Post
    Can you point to where the S 041 is stamped? On the older grills the last three of the serial number is to the left of the center spar
    covered by the grille.

Open the lid, look at the bumps (perch for the windshield wiper) at the top of the grille hole, is there no bumps, one bump on the drivers side, or bumps on both sides?
    Numbers are stamped on the right side of the center bar, can only be seen with the grill removed.. I believe there is one bump but I'm not looking at it right now.
    Scott

Do these photos help in determining what year/model the lid is? The arrow points toward the location of the stamped numbers.

Scott

`67 me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
    Do these photos help in determining what year/model the lid is? The arrow points toward the location of the stamped numbers.

Since it has the provision for a rear wiper it's after the summer of 66.

My $.02

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Thanks everyone. There is a good chance that I will not use this decklid as it is from the wrong year. What I was really hoping to do based on the stamped # is find out what the VIN is of the car that this originally came on. Since I'm probably not going to use it, I thought I might see if the original car still existed and by a long shot see if the owner wanted their matching decklid. As I said, it is a LONG shot, but why not try anyhow.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Bradford View Post
    is find out what the VIN is of the car that this originally came on. Since I'm probably not going to use it, I thought I might see if the original car still existed and by a long shot see if the owner wanted their matching decklid. As I said, it is a LONG shot, but why not try anyhow.
    could have come off
    305041S
    306041S
    307041S
    308041S
    500041S Targa
    not sure if there was a 501041S(im not so much in love with targas)

also note ...that it could be that the listed cars were built as normals (non S) so for example a 306041S does not exist