Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969 911S Vin#: 119300991 Has a new Home

1969 911S Vin#: 119300991 Has a new Home

I have been looking for a 69 to 73 S for about four years. The last Porsche I owned was a 86 911 which I sold in 93. As all of you know the prices seem to double every two years, so I was always behind the curve. I wanted as close to original as was possible, but not so perfect that I would not drive it. This car came up on ebay with the vin #: 119300991 listed. I googled the vin and was surprised at the amount of info on this car. I contacted the seller and Motor Classic did tell me that the transmission was not numbers matching even though their ebay ad said it was number matching. I didn't mention that I already knew that the transmission was wrong. I was unable to go look at the car. I decided that if I was ever going to own a 911S I had to stop using last years prices and use the information on this and other forums and buy this car. The car now is in Washington State. The car is 90% of what I expected. I got some maintenance records, Kardex and NO COA. I ordered a COA. Thanks to this forum for the help in purchasing this car. I plan to be a paid member when I get back into the country and use the forum to help me fix that 10%.

Thanks again

Malcolm McClaskey
    Olympia, Washington

Welcome aboard, how about some pictures?
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

VIN = 119300991
    Eng# = 6391389
    Trans# = 7190075 (CoA states: 7195664

Previously, etc . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=119300991
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by mmcclaskey View Post
    . . . been looking for a 69 to 73 S for about four years. . . always behind the curve. I wanted as close to original as was possible, but not so perfect that I would not drive it . . . car came up on ebay with the vin #: 119300991 listed. I googled the vin and was surprised at the amount of info on this car . . .

. . . Thanks to this forum for the help in purchasing this car . . .

Way-to-go, Malcolm!

Do your due-diligence, then . . . . squeeze the trigger

Can't wait to hear what you think of this car and how it drives . . .

. . . and welcome aboard!

We Can Be Heroes

I remember that car and the drama surrounding it here and on Pelican. Glad you were able to buy it with full disclosure and happy it's found a good home. Looks like a nice car.

Beautiful car! Congratulations.

Welcome

Very happy to see this.

You got a very nice car that seems to match your needs. The 10% factor will keep you on the hunt for parts, maintain your interest in the car, yet keep the the car approachable for driving and enjoyment. Sounds perfect.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Any car that is 90% of what you expectected is a good car. Well done, and welcome !!

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Welcome and enjoy the car to the max...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Thanks for all your kind words. I'm out of town until after the Holiday. Have only got to drive it about 50 miles. Drives very nice. I'll get new pictures soon. I have a 64 fuelie corvette which only likes straight roads and doesn't really like stopping. The 911 likes corners, stopping and straights. Night and day between the two cars.

Malcolm