Thread: Help to Identify This Chassis Badge

Help to Identify This Chassis Badge

I found the chassis badge like the one at the bottom of this pic in the bin of parts that came with my Ruetter bodied 1970 911E. This photo is from an original '68 Karman bodied car.

I have not seen this badge before and wonder if it is correct for the restoration of my '70E. Can anyone tell me when this badge was used and what models/years it is correct for?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Same badge as on my '68 Normal. I think it popped up in '68.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

I did some searching on the forum this morning. It seems like this compliance tag started in 1968 and was used on the '68 and '69 cars. In 1970, the compliance tag was replaced by the compliance sticker on the driver's side lock post.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E

I can't confirm beyond a reasonable doubt, but I agree that the 70 shouldn't have had the sticker. My memory is that the requirement for 'A' post ID started January 69, so 68 CY cars built as 69 MY cars had the sticker. I have a customer with #57 69 E, he has the hinge post sticker you show. I don't recall ever seeing that on a 70 car. Of course as in all things Porsche,,,,,,,,,,
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by tom1394racing View Post
    I did some searching on the forum this morning. It seems like this compliance tag started in 1968 and was used on the '68 and '69 cars. In 1970, the compliance tag was replaced by the compliance sticker on the driver's side lock post.

Can anyone confirm this?
    Yes, I think that's the case. MY70 cars went to the lock post sticker after the previous two year A pillar square one you show in the above pic. Also, I think it was riveted for 68 but was an adhesive for 69
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Tom, my 69 E does not have this sticker, but I also spotted it in a few photos from 69 MY cars. Is the one you have a decal style or riveted plate? Let me know if you're going to part with it...Thanks Steve
    1969 911 E #824

I had a karmann bodied 70E that did not have that badge or any evidence that it ever did.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Steve

I believe it is the rivet type and I will sell it as I don't need it for my '70E.

PM me for details
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E