Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Original owner 69S are there others out there?

Great story Chuck. That's what owning these cars is all about....

Look forward to more on the 69S. Wonderful ownership history.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Hey ron. I was just talking about you the other day. Headed to Napa in a few weeks. I will call you and stop by to say hello. Tate
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

Thanks for the kind words Chuck and Tate. What Chuck said was spot on about the cars. Chuck even laughed at my joke when I showed him the original spare tire that was mounted at the factory. I told him it still had Stuttgart air from 1969 in it. I have since had the spare refinished by Harvey Weidman ( his shop is only 12 miles from Chico in Oroville) and mounted the original Michelin XWX tire on it. Attachment 343868Attachment 343869Attachment 343870
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 08-07-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Here are the original engine decals that came with the car. Although the car was painted once this is the original engine compartment paint from the factory.Name:  IMG_1512.jpg
Views: 568
Size:  114.1 KBName:  IMG_1513.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  82.0 KBName:  IMG_1514.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  95.9 KBName:  IMG_1504.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  94.2 KBName:  IMG_1516.jpg
Views: 580
Size:  96.2 KB The car came with the extra left over pain from the factory. It was packed in the trunk. Note the date imprint on the can. The overcoat paint has dried up but the silver metallic paint still sloshes in the can!
    Ron Cavallo #138

Ron, I've only had my '69S for 26 years and nearly 100,000 miles. I'm curious about the Dymo tape on the rev counter. Why is it there?

TIA,

Chris

Good eye Chris...Not being the best at multitasking I put those there to know when to make a downshift. If I'm in third and revs drop below 4800 (needle at "2nd") I know to downshift to second gear. Likewise if in 2nd gear and rpm's drop to 4300 ("1st") I know to downshift to first gear. Obviously for autocross and time trial use. These mark the area at the top of the torque curve to get the best performance with a downshift. My next project is to put a demo label on the oil pressure gauge that says (TAP) as it sometimes sticks for several seconds with start up. I've had a couple of mechanics turn white after starting my S with no oil pressure indicated. A simple tap solves the problem.
    Ron Cavallo #138

Thanks, Ron. That clears that up!

All the best,

Chris

Ron,

I am the self appointed keeper of the 69S flame around here. I've managed to track a bunch of them down.

In response to your initial inquiry about original owners and their 69S. I am only aware of one other car on the registry, and that was five years ago so it may not still be the case.
    I don't think the owner participates on the forum or at least he doesn't mention his car.

Sand Beige over black, low miles:
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post485281

Thanks for sharing photos of your car. Love the dual out sport exhaust and those red border engine compartment stickers.

-Bryce
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Thanks Bryce for the link to said 69S. My car was delivered with the red bordered engine stickers and all six slots were covered with stickers. I see a lot of original cars displayed that do not have all the slots covered with stickers. There may have been variances from car to car? I noticed on the picture in the link that the deck lid stops are mounted on either side of the stickers but my car had the stops (black rubber) mounted from above on the deck lid itself. You may have noticed the missing caps to the bolt holes that hold the bumper guards on my car. Many years ago I mounted a ski rack to my car that used the bumper guard bolts to mount the rack. It also used the deck lid grill for mounting. My grill has been wavy ever since and I lost the plastic hole covers!
    Ron Cavallo #138
    69S # 618

Thumbs up

Here's the picture from the article I wrote on Ron's car in Vol.6, No.1, Spring 1996 issue of the ESSES... from my Thanksgiving trip in 1995....

Almost 20 years ago..................... Whoa........

Some day I might even find the actual photo........

Cheers Ron,
    .... more adventures to come.........

Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter