Thread: FS: @HMN --- '69 'S' Coupe . . .

FS: @HMN --- '69 'S' Coupe . . .

VIN = 119300827
    Eng# 6391157
    Trans# = 7194714

'. . . Description:
    This 1969 Porsche 911S 2.0 MFI is a strong #2 car with Hagerty valuing. It is believed to be an original low mileage vehicle with 73,453 miles on the odometer and is a numbers matching car.

The car is documented since purchase in March of 1969 (COA and KARDEX), and comes with its tool kit, jack and original luggage rack, per COA along with its original tire pressure gauge.

The vehicle was picked up in Germany with a tourist delivery program (brochure in hand) and participated in a rallye in April of that same year, (brochure and badge still with the car) . The car was then shipped back to the Bay Area and still has its original black California license plates. It has had 2 or 3 owners since new. Repair invoices dating back to 1973.

Body was stripped to bare metal and repainted in its original color burgundy (pictures in bare metal). No filler was needed and car checks out very well with paint gauge. The car still has all its original body panels. The only repair done to the car is the left outer rocker panel and horse shoe (front suspension pan). No other welding was detected. The car received a OEM set of Porsche seal kit from Stoddard Porsche.

The chrome and trim work is original to document the low mileage of the vehicle. All original window and glass. The undercarriage was stripped of its loose original undercoating and painted with POR15 for rust protection. To show the immaculate original floors no undercoating was applied but could be done at time of sale. It has its original 6Jx15 Fuchs wheels with hearts that were redone by Al Reed, including a new set of Pirelli tires along with new lug nuts. The front and rear bumpers were painted burgundy red on the inside.

Engine: The 2.0 911 S engine is original to the car as is the transmission. Numbers match with authenticity according to Kardex and COA. The original 01 2.0 S Mfi pump was rebuild by Pacific Fuel Injection. All fuel lines have been replaced. A compression test showed very even and strong results. It is believed that the engine was never opened or rebuilt. Excellent acceleration into the 7000RPM area with no hesitation.

The original 901/13 911 S 5 speed transmission shifts smooth. A new clutch and components have been installed.

Every mechanical part was checked and in most cases replaced, complete new brake system, hoses, discs, rubber lines, pads, shifter bushings complete, tie rod ends, ball joints, rubber connection steering column, ALL bushings in front axle and all bushing at rear axle, All new KONI shocks, complete new windshield washer system,

Electrical: All electrical was checked, greased with graphite, and is in 100% functioning condition including 128 fog lights, and H1 headlights (period correct for an Early 69 911 S), wipers, horn, all lights, heater, blower all in working condition. Original turn signal housings and lenses were replaced.

Interior: New front seats in Pepita with chrome, rear seats and correct 911 S carpet from Autos International. New headliner and sun visors, front and rear seat belts (rear seat belts not installed). Leather wrapped steering wheel date coded . . .
    '

Asking = $170k

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

I don't like to pick apart cars because all of them are old, many have been restored to varying degrees of attention to detail, and in the end, the deal is between the buyer and seller.

There are numerous incorrect nits in the engine compartment. Most easily addressed.

But I am growing tired of seeing cars misrepresented. This goes for the top of the market and the bottom. This includes outfits that are lionized around here as being on top of their game. They know better, and their buyers are becoming better educated. Monterey is proving this.

The prospective buyer of this car should compare the ad copy to these pictures and determine whether or not they are getting a fair description from the seller.

I have no affiliation and have never seen this car in person.

Just starting to weigh in on BS calling front. The market is frothy, and sellers are responsible for their part.

Look for more from me on other cars in the future

Snap1.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0524.jpg

bsdet.png
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

$170K - I say flame away Beh911
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Banned
    As long as human beings are involved, BS will exist.

Personally I enjoy these ads. Gives me something to look at while on the thunderbox.

BTW: How empty would our lives be if we didn't have car hustlers and attorneys to ridicule?

"Victims" in these situations are usually willing, somewhat careless participants. Usually but not always.

Caveat Emptor my friends.

"Personally I enjoy these ads. Gives me something to look at while on the thunderbox."

Very funny Frank.

Bryce, what are your observations?

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)