Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: '65 turns out to be a '67S

'65 turns out to be a '67S

Unfortunately I find myself in a rather dark place in having been sold a vin switch by a dealer.

I have created a thread on the Bird to tell the story and to try and enlist help in what recourse I have with the dealer who at the moment is hiding behind a 'sold as is'' clause and is refusing to negotiate.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ed-dealer.html

The car was discussed here several times and I have been in contact with members here who actually viewed the car before I purchased it and they have been a great help in piecing together the history of the car. What a wonderful and useful resource this forum is.

Has anyone here been in a similar situation and may I ask how they played the situation and did they resolve the issue ?

Many Thanks

Tim
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 01-29-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    Looking for 1967 911 trans 130830/902-1

Banned
    If you're trying to write a fiction based suspense/drama bestseller, you're off to a good start.

How about just stating all of the facts so people can help you? This is nothing more than whining right now.

Wrong audience to gain sympathy without laying out a fact-based case.

Frank, I can't post it all in one, it would too big, like war and peace. I am working on it at the moment.

Go hire an attorney if your serious about resolving this, you bought car as is, it cover's the selling dealer in a big way and offers buyer very little if any recourse. Pissing on trisll in public forum my make you fell better but it won't help you resolve problem may just make it worse.

Good Luck!

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

You wired money sight unseen.
    You performed no pre purchase inspection of any kind.
    You bought a car sold as is.

You now have to prove the seller knew they sold you a vin tampered car. By the looks of that outfit, they may have no idea that they did

I'd stop with the postings on the subject, call an attorney and see what recourse you have legally.

Sorry to hear about this but it's not surprising
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I'd stop with the postings on the subject, call an attorney and see what recourse you have legally.

Done that, with no success, other than spend $10,000.

Tim,

If you have a 1967 S, you'll be fine in term of investment.

I think you should see the silver lining here. You actually are a very lucky person as it could have been a 912 you bought without doing a PPI.
    Matthew J. Mariani BSID, Member 32689
    Haverford Pennsylvania

Banned
    Did I miss what you paid for the car? That is a crucial piece of information if you're trying to win support.

Your updated melodrama on PP certainly provides evidence of a trespass. I can understand if you're going public to leverage the dealer. I may suggest leaving the tears out of it. Your daughters and grand kids won't care if it's a 65 vs a 67S.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Did I miss what you paid for the car? That is a crucial piece of information if you're trying to win support.

Your updated melodrama on PP certainly provides evidence of a trespass. I can understand if you're going public to leverage the dealer. I may suggest leaving the tears out of it. Your daughters and grand kids won't care if it's a 65 vs a 67S.
    Fair comment about the melodrama and tears but its hard not to let your heart take over.

I paid $95,000 for the car and it currently stands me another $20,000 transport, import duty, storage, lawyer fees and mechanics bills and independent report.

I thought long and hard about going public with the dilemma because once its it out there the car is a known 'thing'. There must be a whole load of these early cars still in existence that have been 'ringed' because I believe it was endemic in the 70's, especially with early Porsche's and especially around L.A. Thing is that I decided I didn't want to perpetuate the scam, masquerading the car as something that I know its not.

Shift Knob Maker
    Uhm, a 67S is worth more than a 65 right?
    List it as a mistake purchase with all details and I bet you get your purchase price back, maybe a little more and move on to another car. It sound like you are beating a dead horse here, dealer probably did not know or if they did you wont be able to prove it, move on, lesson learned.

Mark..