Thread: FS: @eBay - 1972 Porsche 911T Sepia 69,600 original miles.

FS: @eBay - 1972 Porsche 911T Sepia 69,600 original miles.

Attachment 381905

1972 Porsche 911T Sepia 69,600 original miles. $90,000

https://www.flickr.com/photos/terryw...55576044/page1

I am listing a very original time capsule car. This car has had two owners since 1972. Original owner owned the car till 2010.

It is a complete un-molested car with the nessecary repair and refinishing to bring it back to its original state.

The car was purchased new on 10/18/1971 at Sayers Porsche Audi in Council Bluffs Iowa and lived its life in Omaha NE just 45 min away from my shop. If you look at the photo of the back window you can see the Creighton University parking sticker from 1973/1974.

As I said, I have refurbished the car as necessary to bring it back to service and to cosmetically return it to its original state repairing or replacing only what was necessary to retain as much originality as possible.

The following work has been completed:

Engine top end rebuild:

Cylinder heads rebuilt by competition engineering
    Mechanical fuel injection pump and injectors by Gus at Pacific fuel injection
    New pistons and cylinders.
    All exterior engine and fuel injection hardware restored.
    Replacement of various, accessories, timing chains.
    Cleaning and restoration of oil tank.
    New hoses and fuel lines.
    Gas tank cleaned

Brakes and Suspension:

All parts removed and bead blasted and painted black or plated in their original color.
    Calipers rebuilt, rotors turned, new wheel bearings
    New Bilstein sport shocks all around
    Drives like a dream

Exterior:

Front fenders were replaced with new Porsche replacemant parts.
    The rest of the chassis required only minor patching in 3 areas.
    Details available on request.
    ORIGINAL floors, doors, 1/4 panels, rockers, front gas tank support, battery boxes. (see the pictures)
    I refinished the exterior of the car to factory appearance, I did not paint the bottom of the hood, engine lid, inside of doors. (see the pictures)
    I did not paint the undersides 1.) because they are very good 2.) to show case the amazing original condition of this car.

Interior:

Only cleaning there folks, it's completely ORIGINAL except the 8-track player. Un-cracked dash pad. all of the original upholstery is intact and present. All gauges and the clock work.
    Damage as follows: sun fading of rear seat back carpet, one crack in the drivers seat side, one hole in the drivers seat by the seat belt. (small stuff)
    Some would say "good patina".

This car is ready for use on drives or tours or to your local PCA events or a cross country trip.

The good:

So much of this car is original. Matching numbers, The trunk perlon is factory original (the thick stuff), all of the chrome trim is original excellent condition and not re-plated. It has the valet keys, original maintenance record book, very nice tool kit, I don't believe the spare ever touched the ground. original 2 wheel door catches, You can drive this anywhere now. (but you shouldn't get it dirty) It runs extremely well and drives extremely well.

The bad:

Nothing serious.

Why this is the best value in a 911T?

If you buy a $20,000 -$40,000 project car it will cost you an additional $100,000 to make it this nice. And it will be full of aftermarket parts and non-factory welds by the time your finished.

This is an amazing chance to own an exceptional 911 in its original state.

Pm me with any questions or for additional photos. I will help you arrange for a pre purchase inspection or possible delivery.
    Last edited by Terry Worick; 06-27-2016 at 03:43 AM.

GLS Terry! Nice work as usual! This shop does quality work folks, Terry has been been working on my 73S for years now and quality is always 1st.
    oh and glad to see you finally got the sign put up!
    Tom

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201605404710...84.m1555.l2649

Listed on Ebay. Go get it! This is a NO RESERVE AUCTION!
    Last edited by Terry Worick; 06-22-2016 at 11:41 AM.

For the record:

VIN: 9112100112
    Engine: 6120197
    Sold for: US$73,800/£53,900/€66,300

72T Sepia 1.jpg

72T Sepia 2.jpg

72T Sepia 3.jpg
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 06-30-2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Added sold for price.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

EBay Auction Is NO RESERVE.

Banned
    Congrats?

Someone got a good buy. The color notwithstanding.

I agree Frank. I've been watching this car and am amazed it went st this price.

Either color speaks or market is softening or a combo of both. This is a very nice car with the type of seller you want, judging from the info shared on the forum.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I would hate to disagree with Frank on any subject just for fear of not being able to compete with his incredible ability to banter but in this case I would disagree. This was not a "good buy" it was a GREAT BUY. Terry's shop produces some exceptional cars with both body and mechanical he has been around these air cooled cars for years learning from some very competent life long Porsche philes. Along with that he has that mid-western, salt of the earth set of values that is hard to find any where! Again nice job Terry and I will stop out one of these days to talk about a couple of things we need to do.
    Tom

Car and restoration work looks great. To me it's a combination of color, and no reserve.
    No disrespect to Sepia owners out there, I actually think it's a cool 70's color, in the end most do not.
    1973 911E Viper Green
    2021 Spyder PTS Signal Yellow
    2019 Carrera T Racing Yellow
    2008 Boxster S Ltd. Ed Orange
    2007 911 GT3 Meteor Grey

@Type911 instagram
    RGruppe #295
    Zuffenhausen secret weapon

SOLD = $73.8k/£53.9k/66.3k

We Can Be Heroes