Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydmur Fyreball

229 MPH 3.0 MFI 911

Sydmur Fyreball

Someone needs this for a vintage correct restoration. For sale is a very rare Sydmur Fireball red case racing version CDI. Complete as shown in original box with instructions. decal, warranty card, wiring and hardware in a still unopened bag. See the attached letter from Porsche. The early 911's had severe spark plug fouling issues and this service directive address their first cure for the situation. It goes on the state the Fireball was superior to the Delta Mark 10. You can investigate further with searches on this site or the bird. This unit has been in my parts stash for decades and is now available. $900.00 plus shipping. Yes there are much better alternatives today but the saying goes, " Their only original once". Many of these were installed as a dealer option. I do not know if Porsche was installing the units as factory installed or as an option before dealer delivery.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow!!! I think its worth the asking price just for the name...

GLWS
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

FYI you can have Parts Klassic install modern electronics in the old box for a real performer. These period correct boxes are so odd that they are cool. I have a Mark X going into a 67 normal and a Sydmur for my 67S but I do not have that cool sticker!

229 MPH 3.0 MFI 911
    It is a great conversation piece.

I have been looking for one of these for a while. Never heard back from Don, so still looking: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ydmur+fyreball

Yours is a museum piece and too nice/expensive for me because I plan to send it to Kurt to have it converted.

If possible, it would be great if you could post a close up picture of the sticker.

Thanks, Radmund
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Banned
    Awesome piece!

Brings back memories; makes me feel warm and safe. Like my favorite toy when I was a boy.

I would like to own this.
    Would it be out of line to ask someone to set up a GoFundMe page for this?
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 08-13-2016 at 10:15 AM.

229 MPH 3.0 MFI 911
    OMG. I just noticed I misrepresented this unit after reading Radmund's past. This is not a Sydmur Fireball but a Sydmur Fyreball. My sincere apologies, spell check auto corrected to the wrong spelling and I did not notice before submitting the post.

Frank,
    I would be willing to set up a payment plan with appropriate loans fees and interest if it is on your must have list.

Cosmic Performance and a psychedelic trip, I meant ride, for sure

1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I have one that will be sent out for the conversion too. This one for sale is a beauty. Please someone make a short run of the stickers. Mr. Lsr911 I think it's your duty!
    ESR # 3177