Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969-1971 Porsche 911S oil filter console

1969-1971 Porsche 911S oil filter console

SOLD to Bert

This is the heart of the 911S external oil cooler system and one of the key items that sets the S apart from the other models. This is correct for 1969-1971 911S cars but will also bolt into any 1965-1971 cars with no mods and will direct the oil up to the front of the car in a factory engineered way. These are extremely rare to find these days. If you have a 69-71 911S missing this part then you must have it. Comes with the oil lines and thermostat shown. This is a perfect part for a sports purpose car where you want to add a front oil cooler but keep the engine compartment looking original factory style.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 12-02-2019 at 01:36 PM.

Nice piece.

The console doesn't look to be corroded to death like most of them are these days....
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Nope, not junk, it's actually a quality piece. Was holding onto it forever thinking of using it but this is a spare and I have multiple complete cars to build so better to put this money toward metal work, paint job or interior.

Here's a well known candidate for those pieces:

http://www.motorclassiccorp.com/1969-porsche-911s.html

1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

this 911S only oil console is still available

Rare part still available

Hi Mark--I am interested but have lots of questions. I am building a hot rod from my 68 911L. I have already bought the factory oil lines that go under the car but not sure if they will work with 69-71 hardware as they might be 72& 73 oil lines. The other issue is the oil tank and how the console would fit. etc. Please PM me so we can figure this out. thanks Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    Hi Mark--I am interested but have lots of questions. I am building a hot rod from my 68 911L. I have already bought the factory oil lines that go under the car but not sure if they will work with 69-71 hardware as they might be 72& 73 oil lines. The other issue is the oil tank and how the console would fit. etc. Please PM me so we can figure this out. thanks Chris
    As a quick heads up this arrangement is not suited to '72 lines as those would be designed for a mid/chassis oil tank
    location ala '72 as well as the thermostat for that tank has lines exiting in the fenderwell...
    should you opt for a pre '71 or possibly '74 and on tank this console and possibly Carrera or mid year front cooler lines
    may be more suited .
    Just the appearance of these in the engine compartment is reason enough to try and fit this unit but my R rep is utilizing a
    '72 oil tank aft of the passenger door post and a '72 thermostat and associated lines , I expect to use later Carrera lines
    for the front with extensions where necessary ...YMMV

First of all these oil filter consoles are same from 69-71 and use some of the same parts as seen on factory race cars which makes it very cool. The 914-6GT uses most of these parts. They are a direct bolt on item with no mods to any 65-71 oil tank, it bolts onto where the standard oil filter console goes. The lines and thermostat then redirect the oil from the engine compartment through the inner fender to the outside of the car where it goes up front. This is a bolt on connection. You need a 65-71 oil tank to make it work.

Bert is describing a system based on a 72 oil tank that uses totally different parts. Chris, I will pm you to tell you what you need to make it work in a 68, basically lines that will connect in the passenger rear fender well is all.
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 07-09-2018 at 09:51 AM.

This is still available, feel free to make an offer