Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1969 911E targa Restoration Part 1: Rusty tub Repair

1969 911E targa Restoration Part 1: Rusty tub Repair

I went to Baltimore Maryland today and dug out this cream puff 1969 911E targa.

This is the owner's back yard. It was "pretty solid" when he sat it on dirt 10 years ago (I lifted it up onto some old 914 wheels and cleaned it up for the pics)

It's a very repairable car imo and the color is Crystal Blue. What you see is all i get.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Fixer; 12-29-2016 at 05:59 AM.
    Matthew J. Mariani BSID, Member 32689
    Haverford Pennsylvania

I will not complain about the amount of metal work I had to do on my 69 E ever again. You're the man!! Best of luck to you, it's a special color.
    1969 911 E #824

Easy peasy. Take it to Dale Erdman in Allentown, but don't bump me in line.

you are something of a saint, my friend. i hate seeing these die, and if you can resurrect that one, you deserve our applause.

Nevermind. looks like you do your own work.

Intestinal, testicular, and financial fortitude in heavy reserves.

But the final product in that color will be stunning!

Please share the VIN of this chassis formerly known as a Crystal Blue 69E Targa.

BTW, the production number in the picture above really should be between you (the owner) and the factory. I would remove that pic if it were me...

Good luck and please keep the registry posted on your progress.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    you are something of a saint, my friend. i hate seeing these die, and if you can resurrect that one, you deserve our applause.
    Isn't this example already dead? I'm open to hearing differently, but I can't imagine the OP has ever done the level of restoration that will be required on such a car as he would have learned there is not a single bit of upside in doing such. . It is beyond an immense project in terms of money and time and there will be virtually nothing original to the car when done...JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    Isn't this example already dead? I'm open to hearing differently, but I can't imagine the OP has ever done the level of restoration that will be required on such a car as he would have learned there is not a single bit of upside in doing such. . It is beyond an immense project in terms of money and time and there will be virtually nothing original to the car when done...JMHO
    Consider reviewing this thread...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...1968-912-roots
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by xpensivewino View Post
    I will not complain about the amount of metal work I had to do on my 69 E ever again. You're the man!! Best of luck to you, it's a special color.
    Thank you my friend !!

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    Wow, but piece of cake. The cash it will require is another story but the metal work not so tough. I've done worse..

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    No not dead, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I do wish the PO would have at least set this poor car off the dirt a few inches. My wife asked "why did yo dig it out when we're coming back in a week to get it" I couldn't leave it in the mud another minute..

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Thanks 72targa

I'm going to trailer this one home this coming Sunday. Happy New Year Early S Registry !
    Last edited by Fixer; 12-29-2016 at 06:00 AM.
    Haverford Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Intestinal, testicular, and financial fortitude in heavy reserves.

But the final product in that color will be stunning!

Please share the VIN of this chassis formerly known as a Crystal Blue 69E Targa.

BTW, the production number in the picture above really should be between you (the owner) and the factory. I would remove that pic if it were me...

Good luck and please keep the registry posted on your progress.
    Thanks, I removed that pic and you're right. -Matt
    Haverford Pennsylvania