Thread: FS: @PCA - '72 'S' Coupe . . .

FS: @PCA - '72 'S' Coupe . . .

VIN = 9112300060
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?
    Prod# = "

'. . . completely restored to a very high standard by a noted European Porsche restoration shop. The car drives perfectly and looks wonderful in striking Light Yellow original color. - VIN # 9112300060 - Paint code - 6262 - Black leatherette interior - Zero rust - Sport Seats - Rear Wiper Car is located in Hungary . . .'

Ask = $235k

https://www.pca.org/node/325870

Previous reference . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 1972S View Post
    . . . How early? Someone said it was the first 300+ cars or so but I´ve also been told that the first 50 in 1972 had glass spoilers? Who´s right? Anyone? I would like to know more, my car is 9112300060 . . .

(Not mine)

>>>>>
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Probably used for test driving after the restore? have seen the car live lock amazing, had the change to se the car at Porsche Classic, and when the started up the engine, like new the car with 2000km on the clock
    and a impressing documentation for the car, and I so an early car, most of the early 72S cars that were produced in August
    1971 went to the private race team and some rally for the factory cars and ST cars, so this is a rear car.

so to know this story regarding this car would be interesting.
    Thanks

Presumably then, if an E or a T was ordered from the factory with the S package in the early production of MY72, would they have had a fiberglass front spoiler?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

... just for the history ...

DSCF6145.jpg
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Was the '72 engine bay painted black instead of body color?

Quote Originally Posted by Dmill View Post
    Was the '72 engine bay painted black instead of body color?
    Yes, at least all the original ones that I've seen, including my own, many years ago.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Berg View Post
    So ironic...i just got my red workshop binders (72-83) in today and turned to this exact page...i have what i believe to be roughly an August '71 build '72T coupe that was sold in March of '72 in Hanover Germany ( and ordered with the S front spoiler, as per the invoice...i have a 'glass spoiler but when i had my PPI done by an expert whose opinion i trust, he said that the age and construction of fiberglass used on mine let him to strongly believe it was original to the car and from the factory- he said the fiber was identical to the construction of '73 RS ducktails he had seen. But according to this, my serial number VIN 911 250 1117) is too late.

Experts- please chime in. is it possible that the fact mine was an earlyish '72 Euro spec T make it ostensible that i could've gotten a fiberglass front splitter from the factory, or did i get stuck with a repro? How can i know/verify?

-Chris
    Tinos
    Registry #: 3186

'72 911T - Geminiblau/schwarz pepita, factory S options
    '05 Cayenne S - my tow vehicle! Carmon Red/Sand Beige -GTS lookalike
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PAST LOVES:
    '11 S4 quattro 6MT
    '85 190E 2.3-16
    '68 280SL Pagoda
    '59 219 Ponton

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F. View Post
    Yes, at least all the original ones that I've seen, including my own, many years ago.
    The wheel wells were also painted black over the body color. My 72S was manufactured 7/71 it's 9112300023. -Scott
    72S, 72T now ST