Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what the heck does this clip hold and for what model years?

what the heck does this clip hold and for what model years?

title says it all
    on the silver cardboard fuse cover
    its also in the owners manual and holds a fairly large caliber clear tubing.
    just curious

Name:  clip.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  95.0 KB
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    I believe that is Euro only fuel vapor vent hose clip. Hose comes from plastic overflow box under the dash. It was on my Italian 73 S, don't know about other years. Gordon

it is also used to hold the overflow pipe from the brake fluid container on the way to venting outside the car
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

It's on the 69 as well. It holds the overboard line from the plastic vent chamber under the cowl.

They are often times missing and I imagine may not be easy to find.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

On my 72 (far from untouched) the fuel vapor system is a closed loop to a plastic container in the fender well and under the dash
    So I don't think in a 72 it would hold a fuel vapor line.
    I do have a brake fluid overflow that is original (stained blue/green w age) that is routed to the aforementioned rubber grommet in the front panel. But it is of a small caliber so wouldn't really fit the clip.
    It is presently zip tied to the hood release channel.
    That's how it was when I purchased the car but could be a PO mod.
    Anyone got a picture of the brake line setup?
    Forgive me but it's winter up here, the car is put away and now is the time to think about the silly stuff.
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Used on all 911's in 69 and European cars '70 and on . On the '69 & later Euro cars the brake reservoir hose T's into the fuel vapor hose which goes through the clip and out the bumper bracket bolt access hole .

Quote Originally Posted by robmog View Post
    On my 72 (far from untouched) the fuel vapor system is a closed loop to a plastic container in the fender well and under the dash
    So I don't think in a 72 it would hold a fuel vapor line.
    I do have a brake fluid overflow that is original (stained blue/green w age) that is routed to the aforementioned rubber grommet in the front panel. But it is of a small caliber so wouldn't really fit the clip.
    It is presently zip tied to the hood release channel.
    That's how it was when I purchased the car but could be a PO mod.
    Anyone got a picture of the brake line setup?
    Forgive me but it's winter up here, the car is put away and now is the time to think about the silly stuff.
    Your brake vent line is correct for a U.S. model car. Should be a white ty-wrap.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Excellent info, thanks all!
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

member #1515
    So only Euro cars had the brake overflow line running through the clip?
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

So what do I have ?

When I change the fuse by removing the silver/grey cardboard panel, I need to move the tube and it sometimes disconnect with its vent..and If I dont check if the tube is vented, there is later a gasoline smell in the trunk.

Metal clip fits perfectly the clear tube. Never touched the installation. Swiss delievery.
    Brake fluid is very acid..cant imagine liquid is just dumped like this.

[Ums/w478/911t1971/IMG_3590_zpsgo2roj36.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Last edited by 911T1971; 03-03-2018 at 08:58 AM.
    Registry member No.773