Thread: 3.0 Engine low power problem

3.0 Engine low power problem

Hi all, hope I can pick some brains!
    I have on the bench a 3.0SC motor, RSR mahle 95mm high comp pistons, SC heads, ported, compression ratio works out around 10.1-1, DC80 cams, high butterlfy MFI. Single plug, tuned length headers and a rear box with no internals.
    Engine makes 200 hp on a dyno with a big flat spot at 5000rpm, pulling my hair out with it, could it be an exhaust issue? Or inlet? Or just a bad missmatch?
    Initially thought low compression with a 90cc SC head but ratio is up. Pump has been re-done.
    I'm tempted to fit a set of carbs and standard SSI set up to see if I get any better results? !
    Cheers in advance.

Hmmm... I'll let the pros weigh in... however if you're in my state of CA at 10.1 with single plug, you may be run'n into an octane issue... just say'n

We'll see what the pros say...

Good luck,
    cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    Who did the pump, and to what spec? Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by gled49 View Post
    Who did the pump, and to what spec? Gordon
    2nd that

Flat from 5k to ?? or just flat from 5000

Mark

And you've checked your total ignition advance ?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Banned
    Please post the dyno sheet otherwise this whole exercise is a comedy routine.

Thanks.

DC 80???? The Konfiguration is mayby not perfekt? Take vor this a S Cam.....

Broken valve spring??
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Banned
    Still waiting for dyno sheet.

I do hope the OP updates his post. Nothing more frustrating than someone seeking free advice then disappearing. When that happens one can only assume someone was stupid and embarrassment soon followed.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 02-27-2018 at 02:21 AM.