Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1970 914-6 Tangerine

FS: 1970 914-6 Tangerine

Now on Bring-A Trailer Final Hammer Price $82,000: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-7/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F4L...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX_P...ature=youtu.be

I am selling a couple of my cars, I have my eye on something else. Very nice example of 914-6 in a great color. I have owned it for almost 5 years and previous owner (West Virginia) owned it for 8 years. Car was originally an Arizona car and came in through Los Angeles, CA. When I got it, the car came with a 2.7 installed and the original 2.0 engine was on a pallet, I since had the engine gone through and top end was redone and installed in the car last summer. Prior to my ownership the car was mostly auto crossed and the original engine was out of the car for over 30 years and the suspension was lowered (since corrected). Nice thing about it being auto crossed most of its life it was never a daily driver and is pretty much rust free. The 2.0 runs really strong I thought I would lose some power when I pulled the 2.7 but actually runs better (2.7 was probably really tired). I have driven the car on several long trips with no issues and the engine does not leak at all. Fuchs (14"x 5.5" all dated 6/70) were redone by Al Reed a few years ago, Front calipers are brand new ATE, original rears were redone by PMB, new master cylinder, steel braided brake lines, rear brake pressure value redone by PMB and installed. Interior seats were redone recently with original 35 year old basket weave, carpets are original with new coco mats, correct Blaupunkt Frankfurt stereo, all original gauges and knobs, 806.10 original leather wrapped steering wheel, correct early crack free dash.
    Probably forgetting a few things but let me know if you have any questions. Going on Bring-A Triler.

See glamour shots below.

914-6P (4897x4109).jpg
    Last edited by mfitton; 06-21-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Beautiful 914-6. I've got a soft spot for them having owned mine for 47 years this upcoming July. Good luck with the sale.

Mark
    Mark Curtin
    Early S Registry #369
    Rgruppe #247

Wow Mike, beautiful. GLWS!

Thinking of giving BAT a shot at this car they will allow a reasonable reserve, Gooding is interested for Monterey but they want a no reserve auction. BAT also suggested a pro photographer if I list with them, aren't I just going to get a bunch of glamour pics? Am I missing anything in my posted pictures that I should cover? I am a little flexible on my price so if you have an interest in the car let me know before I commit to one of these auctions.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White

On BaT: Put some glamor shots up in a different setting than that somewhat sad looking parking lot. BaT will cast a net to a broader audience that is looking for the head shots.

It's clear (to me at least) that you are being up front and transparent about the car.
    Showing it though with all its trim removed should be balanced with some better overall pics.

You're a known entity in the early car community. Wasn't this car the subject in a recent article somewhere? I'd reference that if so.

My .02 cents. GLWS
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I agree with Bryce. Like it or not, the glamour shots are the sizzle that will draw more attention to your listing. Once drawn in, potential bidders will appreciate your forthright display and narrative of the car's condition. Be sure to add a couple of videos of the car at start-up and driving some of your favorite roads.

Good luck with whatever venue you choose. I'll be watching with interest.

From one fan of orange 914-6s to another...GLWS...beautiful car!!
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

Banned
    Whole-heartedly agree with the previous comments. It’s a shame that forthrightness and transparency aren’t a huge selling feature these days.

Your car is motivating me to get my tangerine step child back on the road Mike. I still don’t understand why these cars aren’t more popular.

Best-O-Luck.

Glamour shots coming soon, BAT photographer took pictures last night.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White

Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White