Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WTB: original small lock nuts used to secure bumper deco's on SWB cars

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post

had a look at my drawers today and fortunately i found an other two sets of the same nut
    How many nuts did you find when peering in your drawers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    How many nuts did you find when peering in your drawers?
    a sackful.....the one to the left was a bit bigger

Back to being serious ... this thread is another example of the dilemma we all face as we attempt to restore these cars as accurately as possibly, weighing what's 100% original against what's modern and may be a better solution/application, what's more visible versus what's not so visible.
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Banned
    The real gem in this thread John is being made aware of Fuji nuts in some applications. Thanks to Joris; hope he locates some.

Maybe some guys here with tiny nuts would like to trade for something larger?

Maybe some guys here with tiny nuts would like to trade for something larger?
    Frank, how do I ascertain that I have the smaller nuts?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Frank, how do I ascertain that I have the smaller nuts?
    Joris,

Tiny nuts are easy to spot. Normally installed during production but sometimes they actually get smaller over time. Corrosion or a bossy woman are contributing factors.

Phil,

Not sure if there's a shortage of humor in MI or if the cold has something to do with being over-sensitive but the candy-as, over-reaction to satire and my self deprecating comments is boring. Do you not understand that I was poking fun at myself in this? I can think something is stupid and absurd and join right along in the frivolity.

I would love to know why grown men are so offended by the opinions of others. Please explain why that hurts your feelings so much.

(If you want a community where everyone kisses one another's as, join Facebook.)
    It just got cold in Michigan this past week. It got me a bit crabby for a few days, but I was able to shake it off.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Phil,

Not sure if there's a shortage of humor in MI or if the cold has something to do with being over-sensitive but the candy-as, over-reaction to satire and my self deprecating comments is boring. Do you not understand that I was poking fun at myself in this? I can think something is stupid and absurd and join right along in the frivolity.

I would love to know why grown men are so offended by the opinions of others. Please explain why that hurts your feelings so much.

(If you want a community where everyone kisses one another's as, join Facebook.)
    I'm not sure, but i think I'm offended by him being offended by you offending him, us, or them...or are they offended by us offending them? Or did they offend you and me??

At the risk of being offensive...I keep my nuts in an antimagnetic, non-corrosive lead lined sack.

Are the words nuts and sack offensive??

Not to high jack the thread, but what about a walneto?? Is that a left hand thread Fuji??

(oil tank studs)
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series

this thread is nuts
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

the cold weather seems to have shrunken the sense of humor and nuts around here.