Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 911 owned by a King!

Banned
    Hope it’s ok with Rower that I type this but since I’m driving across the U.S. currently I have a bit of free time.

We all have our issues and sin. (For those of us married to sharp wives we are indirectly reminded of our frailties often.)

It’s ok to think someone is a jackass because of their behavior and even expressing an opinion on it but that shouldn’t exclude loving and respecting that person in a general sense as a fellow human being.

Adam, I don’t think anyone “hates” you. You seem like a fun, passionate, intense guy. (Like a Richard Newton in a younger earth suit.) Maybe process the criticism and own what you need to own?

Personally I appreciate being thought of as a jackass by some; it means I’m properly stirring things up by being a provocateur.

Cue the Kumbaya tape.

Guys, lighten up!

How is a member talking about a car that he is researching for a club publication self promotion?

There are a few souls putting original content on this site, but most use the place to buy and sell parts or research details and car history.

Gib's ST replica thread, Arne's new project car, and Rick's Siffert 70S are about the only ones adding original (self promoting?) content to the mix here.

Are they self promoting?

Should I now want to call Adam to buy a rusty pile of whatever from him because he is writing about King Hussein's car?
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I think this Registry is all about nuts and bolts, so if Adams posts were a little more about the devils details they would be better received. It's always a 30' shot of some rusty hulk with a clever caption. How about some actual detail shots from the car? Factory roll bar mounts? Holes from the Speedpilot so we could see where the factory mounted them? The split drive for the Speedpilot? Most folks on here want to learn about details, not how many rusty hulks you can winch onto a trailer. Now, back to getting my hands dirty!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Adam, I don’t think anyone “hates” you. You seem like a fun, passionate, intense guy. (Like a Richard Newton in a younger earth suit.) Maybe process the criticism and own what you need to own?

Personally I appreciate being thought of as a jackass by some; it means I’m properly stirring things up by being a provocateur.

Cue the Kumbaya tape.
    Frank-
    I believe you, I think this is a kind of game for you, a way to amuse yourself between work, probably therapeutic on some level. But I'm pretty sure your Brother Jim hates me, which was news to me. But after I got my third report of him talking trash about me, to my clients no less, I saw that apparently we weren't friends after all. Ironically, Jim didn't mind when my "promoting" benefited him, his flyers in all my gift bags, me wearing his shirts at events, hell, even my computer was reppin' EASY. But apparently, I went afoul in the world of Jim.

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

I’m kind of saddened by the content of this thread. I have a lot of respect for Adam, Jim, and Frank and find the attacks to be misdirected.
    This forum is to share cool things, and we have threads dedicated to celebrities who owned early 911s so I think it entirely consistent for Adam to post about the car...
    who cares if he wants to sell it or not? There are so many “what’s it worth” threads that are obviously pre-sale announcements that garner no abuse.
    I suggest we all lighten up and move on and enjoy our shared passion.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

A short anecdote about King Hussein to Adam's point about his racing with machine guns. That's not all the king did with protection. Back in the mid 90's he used to come to Jackson Hole to ski with his whole family plus his protection entourage. Hussein and his family could ski but the bodyguards couldn't. So JHMR assigned some of the ski patrol to ski with the family for security on the mountain. I knew some of the ski patrol guys and knew they were carrying while on duty with the king.
    I was involved in all this because I was a representative for Rossignol Ski co. at the time. The king liked Rossi Skis and requested private demos whenever he was in town. He was a nice guy and very appreciative of being able to relax while skiing with his family. I spent quite a bit of time with the family on those demo days; had I known he was a Porsche guy our conversations may have lasted much longer.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by NTW View Post
    I think this Registry is all about nuts and bolts, so if Adams posts were a little more about the devils details they would be better received. It's always a 30' shot of some rusty hulk with a clever caption. How about some actual detail shots from the car? Factory roll bar mounts? Holes from the Speedpilot so we could see where the factory mounted them? The split drive for the Speedpilot? Most folks on here want to learn about details, not how many rusty hulks you can winch onto a trailer. Now, back to getting my hands dirty!
    You mean like this, showing pics of a one owner 911E with original title?
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...highlight=911E

Or how about turning a 914-6 into a 904, not many people have done that and documented it

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...he-904-project!

Or how about the 550 build
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...0-Spyder-build

Or showing original paint colors
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ue-Car-Threads

Or how about when I get one owner original cars and post here:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...al-cars/page19

I can keep going, but I think people see what they want to see, it's not all rusty hulks on trailers.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Banned
    I’m enjoying pre-diarrhea at Denny’s in Tulsa right now (not called Grand Slam for nothing!) and thinking about posting pics of a 911 rumored to be looked at by a real king; Elvis.

Just thought everyone would like to know this.

Bernd there is a picture of another kind of royalty -- Vic Elford in a 911 with a speed pilot on dash somewhere here.. Don't remember where I saw it or maybe even I was the one posted it. Best guess the long photo tread on rally cars? Iirc the codriver seats / belts were not that supportive to secure the occupants for Quick Vic cornering speeds

Quote Originally Posted by softwindow View Post

....Has anyone a picture with a Speedpilot that is installed from Porsche Werk and ....?

Kind regards.

BerndAttachment 476414

Bernd
    What is the Porsche version one you refer to. I have a Halda mkv gathering dust somewhere. Take the Halda thing offline if it is spoiling the to and fro

HtH

Edit found link. Also think it is in other thread but thisll do hopefully. Crikey is that what these fetch .http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ord+speedpilot
    Last edited by 911MRP; 03-27-2019 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Add link

Don't want to break the chain of personal animosities which I don't understand but are probably providing some enjoyment to those who are participating. Please note photo #4 in post #4 of a right hand drive 300 SL Roadster. The factory never made any of these in the right hand drive configuration. If it is one from the King's collection we should assume that it was very professionally crafted. The present location of the King's 300 SL Coupe that appears in photo #2 is known, but if I were to write anything about it I would probably be accused of having impure motives so I shall remain silent.