Yes, I figured if I stick to exactly what the RSRs used (wheels including offset, brakes, hubs & suspension parts) I should be OK with fitment, but I'll only find out once I bolt everything together.
Glad to hear you're backing that up with experience data though.

The same question re: "why use torsions at all?" was asked by ER. I'm just copying exactly what the factory did, as per the Targa entry note in post #177 which lists both torsion bars & coilovers.
Not sure why the factory did it, maybe to allow easier switch between the standard race category and prototype?, or maybe because they decided only a couple of weeks before the Targa to run the works entries in the prototype category, meaning they didn't have sufficient experience with running only coilovers?
Or maybe the forces/loading on that part of the chassis was considered too much? Or all of the above, who knows?

It would be interesting to find out... but if Jurgen Barth didn't even mention to the owners of the real R6 two years ago at the Goodwood Porsche meet, or Gijs at last year's reunion with R6 in Sicily that the car should have coilovers, i'm not holding my breath.