I'll opine, as I have a decent group of car friends spread out across the country. It has been the combination of working from home, which has increased the hours at the computer....which drives the desire to spend time with family and tinker on cars when we have a free day or two on weekends.

Most, if not all, of my employees are taking "staycations" and using their time with their kids/wives and then working on their projects to boot. This means going "out" to a car show is your local cars and coffee. Look at the size of these events - which are double even triple 2019 numbers. This, all a by-product of Covid in some form.

Add to this....swap meets may be dying....and not because of the age brackets or attendance...but because of technology. Forums, auctions, classifieds, etc.. are also doubling and tripling in size (traffic/amount of posts). Go back even 10 years....a few for sale here and there and swap meets were "the place". Now, swap meets (personal experience) either don't have exactly what I needed...or are too expensive, etc.. whatever the reason.

I don't think it is so much a shift of age/interest as it is a shift of technology infused with the economic changes of covid.

I think shows will come back and even grow in size because so many have been working on their cars and want to drive/show them - but the commerce to online and the distance people are willing to travel? Most definitely changing.

My observations!