Thread: Knee Pad Differences

Knee Pad Differences

Going through our interior parts for our 69S restoration and looking at the knee pads. Mine are obviously off a newer car - (I think and 78-83 SC) as one of them had a sticker on it about "cruise control". Does anyone out there know if there is any differences between a newer Knee Pad and what a 69-73 would have? Obviously the fit is similar but is the "grain" the same? I did search but didn't come up with much. I did get the sticker off with some mild heat but there is a little bit of an outline where it was for 40 years. Have had success in the the past with vinyl dye so may go that route. Would hate to have to shell out over $500 for a good set as these are in pretty nice shape otherwise.
    Name:  Knee Pads.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  154.9 KB
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757

The fit is the "same", but the shapes at the corners are noticeably different and the material is different. Will try to find example thread with pics
    Compare yours with the pics in this thread

Edit: threads added

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...9271-911-Black

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...Dash-Knee-Pads
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

69 would have “probably” originally been fitted with the metal backed knee pads. The ends of the foam ones never fits as well IMO

I say probably, because it would appear that 69 was the transitional year.
    Tony

Thanks for the responses. That answer what I was searching for. Guess will be on the hunt for some others down the road.

Scott
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757