Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Le Mans Classic

Le Mans Classic

Any forum members planning to go to Le Mans Classic next weekend? I'll be there with the Dutch classic 911 club. Would be fun to meet some fellow ESR members!
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

Frederik,

i‘ ll be there up to sunday morning..my slate gray will be at club orange..
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Cool, hopefully meet you there! I have no idea where our parking is, never been before.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    Member #3833

I know this is apples and oranges but is this event as good as the actual Lemans event? My wife and I are thinking of attending next year.
    JEFF BRINTON
    ESR #1572
    1968 911N
    1974 914 2.0L
    2023 Macan
    SOLD - 1967 911N / 1968 911L / 1967 911N / 1969 912 / 1991 964 C2 / 2013 991.1 / 2008 987 Cayman

Will also be in the Orange Porsche in circuit parking. Jeff, i have never attended the normal 24H, but i would say the racing is not as good as it's such a large circuit.

Me and a few guy's go in our cars from the UK so it is about the whole weekend for us. Driving in convoy to the circuit and back to our rented Chateau. Fab food and wine in the summer evenings. I love it. A must do if you ask me.

Name:  20220704_103930.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  180.8 KB

Thumbs up

Jeff,

The 'Classic' is usually every other year (It did get messed up with COVID)

I've been to both... Nothing really compares with watching the fastest long distance cars run for 24 hours...

However, if you're caught up in the history, look, sounds, and basic feel of period racing (with Early 911's being a big part) then the Le Mans Classic is the best there is.... On the track, in the pits, and on the grass !!! ...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Will also be in the Orange Porsche in circuit parking. Jeff, i have never attended the normal 24H, but i would say the racing is not as good as it's such a large circuit.

Me and a few guy's go in our cars from the UK so it is about the whole weekend for us. Driving in convoy to the circuit and back to our rented Chateau. Fab food and wine in the summer evenings. I love it. A must do if you ask me.

Name:  20220704_103930.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  180.8 KB
    I like this!

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday with my aubergine targa (the S is unfortunately still in the workshop), also in the Orange Porsche parking. See you there!
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    Member #3833

I skipped Le Mans for this year -

to tell the story:
    the organisation for the Porsche club members had been “taken away“ from Porsche Club France, who did this perfectly over all the years. Tickets in time, organisation, everything done well with Peter Auto, who is the main organizer behind the LeMansClassic (they do also the 2L race series etc)

Now Porsche France wanted to have its piece of the cake!

During the 75year festive evening in Stuttgart I met with the members of the PorscheClubFrance and they presented me the organizing new persons. I told them, please do send out the tickets in time, not just some says before! I was promised: no issue …we will send out next week…

I waited, and waited

Fact then was, the tickets did no show up - instead it was told in a bulletin to download an entrance e-ticket? and the parking ticket would be send by postal mail. If it would not arrive, we should get in contact via email.

From Xavier I knew already that all other clubs got everything in time, as a normal cheque card entry card, with a printed hanger to have it safe around the neck…

well…i did send out the according email, telling, that I am already on the road, no postal mail arrived in time. in the response email I was told to pick up my cards at the porsche experiance center in LeMans…on Wednesday at 1700 I was up to pick these, in order to get with my 65 on the track from thursday onwards. A stunned voice at the PEC told me: we have no idea of what you are talking about - so you do not have any tickets here, as announced by your organizing commite?

I called up the number they friendly handed me: ohhh we are sorry..we will not be there before friday 0900-0930 - and no, you cannot enter the circuit before as you do not have your parking ticket!! you can park your car at the airport !!!! and you do have the e ticket? no? so you can go by foot!!

%#^***$$££••••

I entered my car and drove off…

nevertheless I had a nice week down in Biarritz and Hossegor.
    Meeting with aircooled friends and else gasoline heads…

3200,3 km in one week effortless with my 65…

enjoy the weekend

br

haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

^^^^ that’s terrible
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa